Selling some handguns, have questions...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    So, a friend of a friend heard that I had a few handguns that I was willing to part with. I was all for it until he told me he lived in Illinois. I'm still willing to sell him the guns, but because he's from out of state they have to go through an FFL right? and with that said, will an FFL charge on a per gun or for the whole transaction?

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I can't back this from a legal stand point, but from my experience firearm transactions have always been called in separately and documented separately as well. The FFL has to track incoming firearms to log, as well as transferred firearms, so I would guess each will need to be done individually. Just my .02

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If you're selling 2 or more handguns to the same guy in the same week, an additional Federal Form must be completed. It's actually a little more work for the FFL than a 4473. So you'll likely be charged more for a multiple handgun transaction.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, give us (me:):) a shot at them!
    You won't have to mess with an FFL, and the fees, and you will be keeping those evil guns out of Illinois!

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    If you list them on Indiana ArmsList then I may purchase. List them here in the classifieds and I can neither reply nor PM, so I can't buy anything there.
    My lgs loves that 50 post policy, I've bought three brand new rifles from it since registering here, and plan to buy at least one more. And then there's the hunting, carry, and home protection handguns I'll be buying.

Ah well, 45-46 more posts to go.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Seriously? All you have to do is post in the break room in the Miley Cyrus thread, you will get to 50 in no time!

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Seriously? All you have to do is post in the break room in the Miley Cyrus thread, you will get to 50 in no time!

Word..... Or Starbucks. Miley and Starbucks seem to rule the day since I joined. Crap hope I was not the cause in some cosmic way for that crap. I do love some Miley and a pumpkin spice latte. GEt a naked Miley on a wreaking ball with a PSL and I'd be good to go.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you list them on Indiana ArmsList then I may purchase. List them here in the classifieds and I can neither reply nor PM, so I can't buy anything there.
    My lgs loves that 50 post policy, I've bought three brand new rifles from it since registering here, and plan to buy at least one more. And then there's the hunting, carry, and home protection handguns I'll be buying.

Post some pics and maybe a review of what you purchased recently and there is your 50. Otherwise, no one here really cares that you can't buy or sell in the classifieds.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

Suggestion: Pay $15 to become a "site supporter" https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html - this allows you access to the entire site.

or

Spend a half hour session or so at a time and post 10 times during each - either on this forum, or one of the several others. You just bought guns, post about that on Long guns - look at a few other posts on that forum and respond - look over this forum and respond. Do this for five 1/2 hour sessions (or a couple of hour or so sessions) and you have your 50 posts.

Top Bottom