• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a browning a-bolt .300 win mag that I want to get rid of but have determined I wont in this state (if you want it shoot me an offer haha) so I would like to give it a shot on gunbroker. Never sold anything on gunbroker before so can anyone explain the process and legal aspects of shipping a gun accross state lines?

leakywaders

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    highland ind
    I have sold a few guns on GB and it was very simple. After the sale the buyer sends you a money order for the amount and a copy of the FFL to send it to and you ship the gun with a copy of your driver license to the FFL via post office and most of my sales were out of state.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Just a suggestion, take on sales speak for this, and future gun sales.

You're selling a very good, Browning A-bolt, and not "getting rid" of anything. Try to imply that you're trying to sell something worthwhile that you enjoy having, and not trying to move a gun that you hate.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All of the gun auction sites have very good instructional help to explain all of the steps for buying or selling, including legal issues. I was just on Gunbroker last night reading the informational pages. You can print out whatever side of the sale (buy or sell)you need. Give it a look.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have sold a few guns on GB and it was very simple. After the sale the buyer sends you a money order for the amount and a copy of the FFL to send it to and you ship the gun with a copy of your driver license to the FFL via post office and most of my sales were out of state.

This exactly. It is very simple, I try here first, then if I have no luck selling it here, I run them on gunbroker.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Just one caveat. Be very clear in your description, and ONLY take USPS money orders. I had some guy in the southwest call me up crying about how standing in line at the Post Office made his back hurt, and could he send a personal check. I told him yes, but he wouldn't be getting his mosquito till it cleared. I deposited it, and then had to do the legwork myself to make sure that it did clear. THEN the SOB puts some BS up in the comments section about how the slide was loose and he thinks one of the rear rails was bent. My skeeter was in very good shape, with about 350 rounds through it. Just getting broken in.
    The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Just be aware that it isn't a ftf ingo deal, and not everyone's a good guy.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I personally think that Gunbroker is a great way to sell guns. The site is very easy to navigate and they provide very detailed instructions "For Sellers" and "For Buyers". You will get the best guidance on using their website by simply reading the the instructions on their website. I have sold several guns on Gunbroker. Be reasonable in your pricing, but don't cut yourself short either. Have a little patience.

Some helpful hints. Take the time to set up your add. Take time to take good clear pictures of different parts of the gun, barrel, both sides of the receiver, stock, etc... If the gun has some kind of flaw, even a minor one, be honest about it, even take pictures of it. That way nobody can ever say you gave them a bad deal or tried to hide something. The more pictures you take, the more people will feel confident about what they are bidding on. You can also pay a little extra for bold or colored titles that will stand out on the main page.

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    Spot on advice from Mark1911, also be prepared for questions, have your camera on standby for any additional requests for pictures.

Also advise potential buyers that they will need to check with their FFL /dealer if they will receive a firearm from a non-FFL dealer (that is unless you have one) and you should be good to go.

Top Bottom