• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B

bobgalle10001

Hi every one, Can any one tell me Are there any self-defense tactics I can use without receiving specialized training?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Kick,throw punches,pepper spray,etc.Some will say that you don't need training to carry a firearm so long as you learn how to carry,draw,operate,and reholster;all of these things can be learned either here or on YouTube,practicing them and becoming proficient is up to you.

:welcome: to :ingo:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Run away.

Seriously, if someone is attacking you and you're not cornered, run away.

"But you're not a man if you don't stand and fight."
    He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Hi every one, Can any one tell me Are there any self-defense tactics I can use without receiving specialized training?

Whatever you can do without instruction, you will be better able to do it with instruction and practice. What exactly do you mean by self-defense; unarmed combat, martial arts weapons, modern weapons, firearms, etc.? What would you be defending yourself from?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Are there any self-defense tactics I can use without receiving specialized training?

Learn to be a master of awareness and avoidance.

The best defense is not getting into trouble in the first place.

Aggression only comes into play when awareness and avoidance weren't enough.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The best weapon you'll ever have is right between your ears. Educate your self, practice what you learn.

If you follow the local papers, word-of-mouth, etc. self-defense seminars (usually 2 - 4) hours are held regularly, usually advertised, and are typically free of charge. There was one in Highland, IN. less than a month ago sponsored by the HPD and the local Masonic Lodge. Everyone who wanted to come was invited, free of charge.

Ask around, call some martial arts schools, the local PD, etc.

If you want assistance and are willing to work at it at home, you'll find tons of fellow citizens, civic groups, and LEO agencies to help keep you from being a victim.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    i imagined a 300ibs fat guy running and blowing a orange whistle from this comment then proceeded to spew mt dew all over my keyboard from laughing.

I have two daughters living in Colorado. It is what a Colorado State Senator says is all that is needed. It was kind of a flippant response to the OP's question.

In reality, somebody unprepared by training or experience for mortal combat won't have a clue about what is going down and will be down and out before they can mount a defense. Very much like green fighter pilots.

Anybody who has experienced mortal combat will agree.

Top Bottom