• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • REM299

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    The cabin is in the smoky mountain area.

I have noticed, a number of cabin rental companies in the area all have the same clause, word for word, in their agreements. That kinda rules out going with a different cabin.

We just recently returned from the smokies. I do not believe the rental company from which we rented has a policy concerning firearms. The checkout information said to make sure you do not leave your firearm behind. We've stayed at a couple different cabins/cottages with this company and always have had great service and accommodations. They have some non cookie-cutter style cabins/cottages which actually have some character. Good luck with your trip.

Accommodations in the Smoky Mountains

mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    We are staying in the Bryson City area...

I sent an email, and received the following response;

[FONT=&quot]This is not a ban on the possession of either firearms or fireworks, or for that matter music files.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the mountains sound carries very well, and the sound of a gunshot or fireworks carry especially well.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Please use courtesy with your noise level, as you would at home, so that people nearby do not report you to the police as a disturbance.[/FONT]

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Cool. You'll like Bryson City. I used to teach whitewater kayaking down on the Nantahala. Take a drive down Wesser Gorge too. If you make it through and are still board, hang a right and drive up to Fontana Dam. This is the "Dragon" that motorcyclists talk about.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm willing to risk the odds to spend 9 days out with my then-wife. I'll have to improvise, if need arises.

If we skip the cruise, the only thing I'll have to worry about defending myself against will be my wife...I think I would rather risk the couple thousand people on the cruise, honestly. :dunno:

Just slip into the water, with a butter knife clasped in between your teeth, behind one of the Pirate's dinghys. And take them by surprise to get their firearms...

mdwildcat04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    E-Ville
    Cool. You'll like Bryson City. I used to teach whitewater kayaking down on the Nantahala. Take a drive down Wesser Gorge too. If you make it through and are still board, hang a right and drive up to Fontana Dam. This is the "Dragon" that motorcyclists talk about.

Was there back in '08 and drove the dragon in a 1998 Saturn SL2, and had a BLAST!!!

Know any good places to Kayak, for less then an arm and a leg?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Well, a lake unless you've ever been in a whitewater kayak before and taken any instruction. One learns to roll early as it is a necessary skill. If you get into a proper whitewater kayak - fully outfitted and with a neoprene sprayskirt - without prior flatwater instruction, you're likely to find yourself trapped and unable to escape the first time it rolls over... and they roll both ways easily by design.

Now, if you're asking about being in a raft, inflatable kayak, or a big-wide-rigid-sit-on-top then NOC (nantahala outdoor center) is the best. A quick drive over to the Ocoee or Chattooga (if it is running) will be more fun than the Nantahala if in a raft though the nanty is still pretty.

Ocoee - Dam release but it flows over the TOP of the dam. The water is warm.
    Chattooga - Natural flow. Relatively warm.
    Nantahala - The water comes from the BASE of the dam, down through a pipe in the mountains. This water hasn't seen daylight in I don't know how long and is COLD. I've seen people neck-deep in this water go hypothermic in the span of several minutes on 90F days.

Top Bottom