• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The cash you make is reported to the IRS. The cash you save is reported to the IRS. The cash you invest is reported to the IRS. Large purchases, deposits, or withdraws made in or to cash are reported to the IRS.

Cash can be made and not reported, it can be saved and not reported, it can be invested and not reported. Hence it is true cash is king, even still today and it may just be to avoid the merchant card services charge.

I elect to spend numbers, symbolic of paper certificates, backed by nothing.

We are not to the point of trading precious metals yet.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I try not to give Kroger any more of my money than what is essential.

With planning, prepping and on sale only shopping, combined with Amazon Subscriptions I can go 3-4 weeks without a Kroger visit. More, if I cut back on dairy and skip a meat sale or two.

If these outfits choose to forget what customer service is, I'm happy to occomodate them see this customer a whole lot less. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Curbside these days. Haven't seen a grocery checkout in a year (except a Costco trip or 2 during that time). It has a drawback here and there, but for the most part has saved me time, I still take advantage of coupons and sales, etc.

Check your dates and watch out for green meat.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Check your dates and watch out for green meat.
    Always do. No issues so far. It was definitely a jump for me to do this to start, but really like the service.

Digital and paper coupons all accepted.

I can also approve substitutions and they give you the lower price of the item you ordered if the sub price is higher.

Only had to call customer service once or twice in a year and each time was quick and very much acceptable and in my favor on the resolution. I'd have easily had to go back to the customer service desk that many times in the last year had I been checking out in person (have had to do that in store for price correction, etc even when I watched the checkout closely).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And why are precious metals "precious?" Because man says that they are.

If society collapses to the point that the US dollar is worthless, the only precious metals will be brass and lead.
    Gold and silver will still be valued and needed, the bulk of its use is industrial, unless one believes we are going back to cave man days.

TPTB will need silver and gold for their electronic devices, particularly for the control devices they require the sheep to wear...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Went to Kroger last night and got a cart full. They had 1 regular lane open and closed it as I got ready to get into it...
    My incredulous look and "you have NO lanes open?" statement fell on deaf ears.

You know how much of a pain in the ass it is to self scan a cart with those little rotating tables?

By the time I was almost done they opened 2 lanes. :rolleyes:

Self scan should give a 1-2% discount.
    I'd have walked. Of course I have been known to cut off my nose to spite my face.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    That is not really a valid argument.

I like self checkout because I am getting a convenience that I don't even have to pay for. I would rather control the flow of my items, especially if some of them are on sale. When the cashier is ringing up the items, it's difficult to keep up with checking the prices that come up as they scan. Also, as has been mentioned, I like to bag things the way I like to bag things. Not too full or heavy, similar items together.
    If i have to use self check out, I like to follow the one item per bag rule. I only do this at Walmart where the obnoxious check out monitor implied I was trying to steal an item, which clearly generated an error when scanned.

Torqued me off further by her snarky attitude and inability to communicate.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've also started using the phone checkout apps. I like the convenience of not having to pick up all my items multiple times for someone to do the same thing I can when I put it in my cart. Sam's is one of the better ones as you don't even need to stop at a checkout, just the door scanner.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Every store I have been in that has self-checkout also has old-fashioned cashiers.

Choice is a wonderful thing.

For a few items, I will usually choose self. Faster.

Greffy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Los Angeles County
    I won't participate in job destruction and I want someone other than the store and the bank to benefit from my patronage.
    Here, Home Depot has only self checkout for regular folks. I make it a point to go to the Customer Service desk for checkout.
    Really don't like it when I am 'tricked' into using the self checkout by the offer of 'assistance' on the self serve terminal. Good for you anti-social types that want minimal interactions with your fellow neighbors etc., but in my experience, most people like to be around others and get away from normal isolation, never mind the enforced isolation of Covid-19.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I won't participate in job destruction and I want someone other than the store and the bank to benefit from my patronage.
    Here, Home Depot has only self checkout for regular folks. I make it a point to go to the Customer Service desk for checkout.
    Really don't like it when I am 'tricked' into using the self checkout by the offer of 'assistance' on the self serve terminal. Good for you anti-social types that want minimal interactions with your fellow neighbors etc., but in my experience, most people like to be around others and get away from normal isolation, never mind the enforced isolation of Covid-19.
    I haven't been forced into isolation. Other than working from home, which I love, and having to wear a mask in stores, I really haven't changed my habits at all. :dunno:

Top Bottom