• ...and so much more!
  • model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    will be needing to buy a car hauler soon (within a week or so) to transport a variety of project vehicles, even some long&heavy crew-cab C30 utility trucks. I live near Spencer and was looking at Diamond C trailers recently at a local shop, but the price & online reviews have me reluctant.

I’m looking for something bumper-pull, 20-22’, HD ~10k+ limit, winch ready/capable, ...but most of all, something quality & dependable. I can't go too crazy with price as I have to finance now, but will most likely be reimbursed eventually for the cost - so I'm not looking for cheapest possible either.

I appreciate any recommendations, or advice on what not to get. ...and also a good winch, and/or anything else you would like to share

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    While I sell RV's and not cargo/ car trailers I do tend to see them run through the block weekly. I would consider buying a couple years old, those really seem to take a hit in price once used.

Been looking at these, just not sure I want to drop the money on one just yet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I bought a 24' all steel tilt bed trailer to haul the race car on. The only thing I've run into so far is that if the deck is wet your tires may just spin instead of allowing you to drive up on it. I went tilt bed so I wouldn't have to deal with ramps. Having had several trailers that used ramps that you set up to unload and an enclosed trailer that the back door was the ramp would I buy another tilt bed? Yeah, probably. I did install a winch for those days at the track when things don't go as well as you'd planned,

This is my second steel deck trailer and YES, I would buy steel again. Just make sure the WHOLE thing is painted/powder coated/etc. and not just the parts you can see. I'm pulling with an '01 4 door dually Super Duty Diesel.

Top Bottom