• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Went out last night and saw 22 turkeys and 1 doe right at dark.I could hear more moving in the thicket but couldnt see them. Had to stay in the stand til about 7:30 and give them time to move on. Try it again tonight. Saw a lot of new rubs and a new scrape on the way in. This is usually the best week to hunt around here,but has been slow this year. Try again tonight.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I've been seeing a lot of rubs and a few scrapes. Since I travel a lot, I can usually tell when the rut hits by the number of dead bucks along the road. By what I've seen, the rut is growing quickly near. Should be prime by this weekend (I hope).

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Saturday morning snow covered the ground up north and I had fresh scrapes in the snow. I have seen a big buck breed a doe at 11:30 am I think the rut is on.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Went to nephews birthday party tonight. Left right ar dusk. Deer coming into the ffields everywhere.
    Saw a real nice 8 pointer 1/2 mile from my house. He was 10 feet behind a doe, and she had her tail straight up in the air the whole time I watched them.
    Every time she would take a step-he took one. He was glued to her, would not even look away. They were right out in the middle of the field.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    A week ago, I saw two bucks traveling together and engaging in sporadic, light sparring. If things proceed apace, it looks like possibly a slightly later-than-usual rut. Gun hunters, rejoice.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I've been on vacation since the fifth and have been in the stand every morning and evening. On the sixth when I started they were rutting hard but as this week has progressed they have slowed way down. This heat has got them slowed. Today is the twelfth its one forty five and I've been in the stand since six forty five this morning. I've seen three booners and several small bucks. The does are not here. The bucks are still looking but at a slowed pace. Tomorrow they will run rampit from gunfire. I will still be bow hunting. Good luck fellows.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom