• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcampbell86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Muncie
    Nice purchase!! If you ever get another one for it to play with check out MC Sports. I got mine from there for 79.99 with all matching numbers, hex receiver, good bore, and made in 1926.. great condition!

lnholmes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    West Lafayette/Wabash
    I also drank the koolaid today, ended up being up dunhams browsing and saw they were on sale. 95 and some change out the door, can't beat it. May go back and grab one more while they are on sale.

DadLookinOut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm pretty sure there is a dunhams in evansville, google says there still is one anyways.

Dunhams has been gone for a few year from here. It did show up when I googled it as being in Evansville, but not true. Closest is Bowling Green, Ky.

I went ahead and purchased the "superior quality" Mosin from Bud's, can't wait to get it. Thanks for your reply just the same.

Chris

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Dunhams has been gone for a few year from here. It did show up when I googled it as being in Evansville, but not true. Closest is Bowling Green, Ky.

I went ahead and purchased the "superior quality" Mosin from Bud's, can't wait to get it. Thanks for your reply just the same.

Chris

Let us know how the "superior" quality really is, especially the bore, looking at grabbing one myself...

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    I had a one, I took the front sight and rear sight off used the dovetail to mount a decent scope on and it looked good, never got to shoot it, had to sell it., really want a new one

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Does anyone know anywhere in or close to Evansville to find one of these?

There's a shop NW(?) of E-ville that might be worth checking. Think its called Red Ghost or something like that. Whitaker's in Owensboro may have some, I'd call first. Dave's near Holland usually has a couple also. If you're in the mood for a roadtrip Ace's in Hawesville KY always has some.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm gonna have to look this gun up, sounds like I'm missing out on something.

Oh you are. I've owned several that I've never shot, and shot one for the first time last weekend, it was a BLAST (literally), and for the price, can't beat it.

A few cheap tricks to make it into a shooter, and if they ever legalize rifles for deer in Indiana, you've got Deer, Coyote, and feral hog covered. Probably black bear too if you want to take it traveling with you...

I've heard the feral hogs being found in Indiana aren't feral domestics, but Russian boars, anyone else heard this? A Russian rifle for Russian boar sounds appropriate to me...

Top Bottom