• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Anyone ever use any of their products? Been looking at a couple of their retrofit kits for one of my safes just to make things easier than trying to DIY a bunch of shelves how I want.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah, I have a fastbox model 47 in my bedroom closet. It's nice for what I got it for, keeping my kids out of the guns I keep loaded for HD. But it's definitely not going to stop a determined theif for long. Never used their retrofit kits

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    I’ve got an older Liberty that doesn’t have the best of layouts internally so figured this could help with that.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I'm using products from this company ... https://www.storemoreguns.com/ ... to help organize my safe. So far, so good. Can get more long guns standing up and pistols hanging from the shelves. Small pieces and parts, and more pistols, are sitting on the shelves ... pistols in silicone impregnated cloth bags, small parts in plastic storage boxes or just loose.

Still looking for a door system that I'm willing to install to get even more storage space.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Anyone ever use any of their products? Been looking at a couple of their retrofit kits for one of my safes just to make things easier than trying to DIY a bunch of shelves how I want.
    Yes, I have one. The Agile 52. I would recommend it. Most safes are overpriced and overweight junk. Fireproof ratings mean nothing and "Safes" are often filled with carpet and other crap that off-gas (think VOCs) and cause corrosion. The Agile52 is far more secure than a StackOn (or similar brand) that the sporting goods stores sell. Much heavier gauge steel in the SecureIt products. Many DoD armories use SecureIT products.

That said, this is not intended to be "Fort Knox." The Agile 52 provides a level of "Due Diligence" that will keep most insurance companies from denying a claim or keep prosecutors from saying you did not store in a secure manor.

Also, I have nothing in my SecureIt gun cabinet that I cannot replace...no antiques or other super valuable pieces.

The SecureIt products are much heavier than you might think when you read the specs. They are shipped flat and do require assembly. You will want an extra set of hands to help balance the first few pieces you bolt together.

You don't need professional movers to get it in/out of a basement. Two people can pick it up and move it if needed.
    Because of this ^^you need to keep it from walking away. They provide holes to bolt it down...and you should!

As for most of their accessories...don't. The "Akro Style" bins they sell are overpriced and can be bought at Menards for 1/3 the price they charge. Same with the door organizer: Is it overpriced? Yes. Does it work? Yes. Is it really needed? No.
    OTOH: The Cradles and Stock Bases are well worth it. They work very well.

For the price of the Agile52...you cannot go wrong. Look for them on sale!

PM me if you want some pics of how much it can hold.

Last edited:

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have “Fast box 40”
    Mine is mounted in my vehicle. The sole purpose is to carry whatever I need and have it secured at the same time.
    I’ve got it anchored with aircraft cable and padlocks.

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8285.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes, I have one. The Agile 52. I would recommend it. Most safes are overpriced and overweight junk. Fireproof ratings mean nothing and "Safes" are often filled with carpet and other crap that off-gas (think VOCs) and cause corrosion. The Agile52 is far more secure than a StackOn (or similar brand) that the sporting goods stores sell. Much heavier gauge steel in the SecureIt products. Many DoD armories use SecureIT products.

That said, this is not intended to be "Fort Knox." The Agile 52 provides a level of "Due Diligence" that will keep most insurance companies from denying a claim or keep prosecutors from saying you did not store in a secure manor.

Also, I have nothing in my SecureIt gun cabinet that I cannot replace...no antiques or other super valuable pieces.

The SecureIt products are much heavier than you might think when you read the specs. They are shipped flat and do require assembly. You will want an extra set of hands to help balance the first few pieces you bolt together.

You don't need professional movers to get it in/out of a basement. Two people can pick it up and move it if needed.
    Because of this ^^you need to keep it from walking away. They provide holes to bolt it down...and you should!

As for most of their accessories...don't. The "Akro Style" bins they sell are overpriced and can be bought at Menards for 1/3 the price they charge. Same with the door organizer: Is it overpriced? Yes. Does it work? Yes. Is it really needed? No.
    OTOH: The Cradles and Stock Bases are well worth it. They work very well.

For the price of the Agile52...you cannot go wrong. Look for them on sale!

PM me if you want some pics of how much it can hold.
    I have three of their safes and agree with everything you said here. Not much to add from me. I have a model 52 and a model 40 stacked floor to ceiling and the accessories work great. You’ll never get more guns per cubic inch in a safe than you can with these.

Plus, you won’t bang them up getting them in and out. The accessories just flat work. And yes, the bins are way overpriced. Menards may be good, but Harbor freight is dirt cheap on these. Or, you can order in bulk from Uline.

I got some battery operated LED lights that are motion activated, and attached adhesive backed magnetic strips to them for mounting inside. Now when I open the doors, Presto I have light. These run on AAA batteries which last about a year.

I also have what I think is a model 47 lockbox in another location and I am considering adding a couple more. Staging multiple self defense guns in secure locations around your house makes a lot of sense. Decentralized gun storage also makes a lot of sense. That is, unless you have a vault room with a vault door to put them all in.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I have three of their safes and agree with everything you said here. Not much to add from me. I have a model 52 and a model 40 stacked floor to ceiling and the accessories work great. You’ll never get more guns per cubic inch in a safe than you can with these.

Plus, you won’t bang them up getting them in and out. The accessories just flat work. And yes, the bins are way overpriced. Menards may be good, but Harbor freight is dirt cheap on these. Or, you can order in bulk from Uline.

I got some battery operated LED lights that are motion activated, and attached adhesive backed magnetic strips to them for mounting inside. Now when I open the doors, Presto I have light. These run on AAA batteries which last about a year.

I also have what I think is a model 47 lockbox in another location and I am considering adding a couple more. Staging multiple self defense guns in secure locations around your house makes a lot of sense. Decentralized gun storage also makes a lot of sense. That is, unless you have a vault room with a vault door to put them all in.

(Motion activated lights, I have been thinking the same thing)
    Which lights did you buy?
    Would you recommend them?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    (Motion activated lights, I have been thinking the same thing)
    Which lights did you buy?
    Would you recommend them?
    I looked up my Amazon order from about five years ago and the item I bought is discontinued. It’s just a row of LEDs with a motion sensor and they ran on four AAA batteries each. If you do a search for “magnetic LED closet under cabinet light motion activated” on Amazon there’s a ton of them out there, and most of them are better than what I got because they are rechargeable.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I looked up my Amazon order from about five years ago and the item I bought is discontinued. It’s just a row of LEDs with a motion sensor and they ran on four AAA batteries each. If you do a search for “magnetic LED closet under cabinet light motion activated” on Amazon there’s a ton of them out there, and most of them are better than what I got because they are rechargeable.
    Thank you for letting me know.

Top Bottom