• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ram, does this state have some public access statute that includes morgues?

The death certificate may be public record but why would the media think they can go see a little boy or any other body?

I can't answer that.

My beef comes from the roadblock and camera checkpoint on a public road.

I would imagine that the same laws and statutes still apply during the "crisis" as they would any other time. If someone breaks those laws, then punish them then. But don't just roadblock everyone because somebody might trespass.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone,
    I just finished working a disaster site. Rather than sitting in your mom's air conditioned basement, typing about your latest government conspiracy theory - why don't you get off your worthless ass and go to a disaster site and do something the least bit productive for your neighbors? The police here are having to stack the bodies of their friends and neighbors and maybe they're not keen on the idea of some media whore filming their friends' dead bodies.

If you don't have anything to add to the conversation then go do something really constructive. Like chastising people for posting on the same website that you do. Lame.

Did you help shut off people's cameras? Do you have an opinion about the story? Or should the ever-loving government get to do anything it wants to during a "crisis"? Its a little silly to me that people think that the government can be used as a model for protecting privacy and decency. :n00b:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just because it is a public road does not mean the police cannot block or restrict access especially in an emergency. Of course, this will depend on each state's statutes.

I'm all for free press and it is vital to the rule of law, but I would imagine CNN's Office of General Counsel would be getting a call on this situation if the police could not do this.:D

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    Is the morgue set up on the blacktop? I doubt that it is. Shouldnt the guards have the check point at the private entrance? Does CNN need to cover it....Why not, its news. We let our Supreme Court rule Westborro Baptist Church can protest Soldiers funerals. Its plain weird to be stopped like that, they acted like they were hiding something.....Just sayin

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    HA! Right at the end of the video, the reporter says, "We usually don't hear that stuff from the good guys in the blue."

Man, he's got a lot to learn about what kinds of things the "good guys in the blue" will do to people licensed to carry cameras who are in public areas, let alone what they'll do to people licensed to carry guns who are in public areas.

Work with me here because I know it's a stretch but is it POSSIBLE just POSSIBLE that not all "good guys in blue" ARE good guys?:dunno:

Top Bottom