lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    NFA Alumni Day: Papa Roux Cajun Food!

This year at Alumni Day, we have arranged to serve some authentic New Orleans style Cajun food from Papa Roux’s restaurant in Indianapolis!

http://www.paparouxindy.com/

There will be Po-Boy sandwiches, red beans, creole, rice, and coleslaw as well as a variety of other pitch-in sides and desserts. What better way to relax after a long day shooing full-auto and suppressed firearms! :ar15:

There will be a small ‘donation’ of $6 per person to help offset the cost of the catered food. You can make your contribution on Alumni Day. I’ll be glad to take your money then! :D

I still need some of the attendees to volunteer to bring some side dishes, desserts, drinks, ice, etc. I’ll publish a list of needed items around September 1st. Those who are able and willing can sign up then.

The organizers and vendors are looking forward to another day of good times, good shooting, and good friends! See you September 19th in beautiful Brown County!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    This year at Alumni Day, we have arranged to serve some authentic New Orleans style Cajun food from Papa Roux’s restaurant in Indianapolis!

There will be Po-Boy sandwiches, red beans, creole, rice, and coleslaw as well as a variety of other pitch-in sides and desserts. What better way to relax after a long day shooing full-auto and suppressed firearms! :ar15:

There will be a small ‘donation’ of $6 per person to help offset the cost of the catered food. You can make your contribution on Alumni Day. I’ll be glad to take your money then! :D

I still need some of the attendees to volunteer to bring some side dishes, desserts, drinks, ice, etc. I’ll publish a list of needed items around September 1st. Those who are able and willing can sign up then.

The organizers and vendors are looking forward to another day of good times, good shooting, and good friends! See you September 19th in beautiful BrownCounty!

awaiting orders captain!:ingo:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

The organizers and vendors are looking forward to another day of good times, good shooting, and good friends! See you September 19th in beautiful BrownCounty!

Sounds great! Can't wait for this, really looking forward to it. Let me know else you need!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I will try to make it; I could bring a MG 42, MG34, Sterling, MP40, Swedish K, Thompson M1A1, Beretta M12S, Sten MK 5, or others.

Very generous offer! However, please read the OP. NFA Alumni Day is for folks who have already attended previous NFA Days.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I saw something REALLY cool today. I was talking with Alphahornet at the 1500 about how much fun NFA Alumni Day was going to be. We were talking about what we were looking forward to shooting the most and I mentioned the AK47. Alphahornet said "there's going to be an AK?" I said yes and I could see the redness appear in his cheeks and the smile going from ear to ear. He looked like a cheshire cat :D

cheshire_cat_1.jpg

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I saw something REALLY cool today. I was talking with Alphahornet at the 1500 about how much fun NFA Alumni Day was going to be. We were talking about what we were looking forward to shooting the most and I mentioned the AK47. Alphahornet said "there's going to be an AK?" I said yes and I could see the redness appear in his cheeks and the smile going from ear to ear. He looked like a cheshire cat :D

cheshirecat.jpg
    :redxdance:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Hey guys, just in case anyone is interested. I picked up a case of Silver Bear 5.45x39 this weekend. I will sell some at what I paid for those who dont want to buy a bunch of it. Ive got other moths to feed it to at home, so no worries if no one wants any.

Anyway, $6.50 per box of 30 will cover the cost.

Just let me know if you want some ahead of time so I can judge how much I need to bring with me.

thanks,
    clay

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    then! :D

I need my orders! it takes me awhile to figure out the perfect dish for occasions like this.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ok, Tyler, you make BBQ. Lots of good BBQ. I expect brisket, pulled pork, and some burnt ends. I want nice crispy bark, and a smoke ring sent down from heaven.

Get to work. Please and thank you.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hey guys, just in case anyone is interested. I picked up a case of Silver Bear 5.45x39 this weekend. I will sell some at what I paid for those who dont want to buy a bunch of it. Ive got other moths to feed it to at home, so no worries if no one wants any.

Anyway, $6.50 per box of 30 will cover the cost.

Just let me know if you want some ahead of time so I can judge how much I need to bring with me.

thanks,
    clay

Well I bought a box of 300 win mag for the suppressed bolt gun, and doubt I'll shoot it all. You need any? A trade perhaps? Since I don't have any guns in 300 win mag and don't plan on buying one either. Paid $26.99 for the box at Walmart (if I remember right on the price, I know its close to that).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom