Not open for further replies.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Jedi, Sorry so long in replying. Just got home from church and saw your posts. The SA M1A is the standard rifle in .308. Not the Scout (wish I owned one though). The Garand is of course 30-06.Just some FYI on the IHC Garand... it was made right here in Indiana in the 1950's. Some folks are not aware that they were made in Evansville Indiana. I have some ammo for both just depends how many folks want to shoot them. Obviously any ammo donations are appreciated. Thanks:)

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    That is the fine M1A alright, she is a beauty... Might have to buy a box or two of 308 for that little gem.... If you guys are shooting 308 at this meet, I might have to throw the FAL in the back for some blasting...
    Gunbunnies, I would like to shoot the FAL if possible please?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Winamac, I'll put it in the stuff that's going then... It's a South African, not pretty but runs like a top and accurate....

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Gunbunnies, Thanks I appreciate that. I have never shot a FAL, looking forward to it. Is it 308? If so what brand does it prefer to eat? I run surplus 308 through my M1A and it does great. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, Sorry so long in replying. Just got home from church and saw your posts. The SA M1A is the standard rifle in .308. Not the Scout (wish I owned one though).

Are you OK with steel cases of .308 or do you want only brass cases?
    Cabela's has .308 win steel case for $7.99 per 20 rounds.
    Cabela's: Herter's .308 Winchester Ammunition

Winamac, I'll put it in the stuff that's going then... It's a South African, not pretty but runs like a top and accurate....

GB, Brass only for the FAL right if I recall correctly?

Asking both so I can update the post #2

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    My FAL is a battle rifle it eats anything I put in her mouth... So, if all you got is the steel let it rain...

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Any one want a free plastic recoil buffer for their 10/22???

I found whats left of the 2 foot piece I bought years ago for $2. I cut a few pieces off for buffers. The one in my 10/22 has worked fine for 12 years. I dug that peice out yesterday and cut a new buffer for my takedown 10/22.

I could cut 5 or 6 more buffers off, and bring them if anyone is interested.

I haven't committed to being there yet, though I hope to make it. Won't know for sure until that week. ;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sure I'll take 2 for my 10/22s if you have some left. My 10/22s are still very new 1940 rounds thru the one that usually goes to the events and only 85 rounds thru the backup one.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

I found whats left of the 2 foot piece I bought years ago for $2. I cut a few pieces off for buffers. The one in my 10/22 has worked fine for 12 years. I dug that peice out yesterday and cut a new buffer for my takedown 10/22.

I haven't committed to being there yet, though I hope to make it. Won't know for sure until that week. ;)

I'm in for three as well. :)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    i'll take 2

I'll take 2 if you would sir.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Nipprdog, If you come up with anymore I'll take 2...

Melensdad, we will miss you at the shoot, that's two I'll have on you... you gotta catch up now...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom