• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You have an opportunity to design and build your own planet. What material(s) do you make it out of?

I would make it entirely out of Nerf, with cherry Jell-O for the polar ice caps.

There would be no waiting for the elevator when you can just jump out the window. Mining for Nerf ore would carry no risk of fatal cave-ins. The drive to work becomes a game of bumper cars every day!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You are on the serious side of broken. Me, personally, I'm going to contract my planet building out to the white mice. They did alright with Earth. In the meantime, I'm going to keep feeding the dolphins to make sure they stick around. :D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My first thought was bacon. Bacon does not keep forever and a rancid rotting bacon planet seems bad.
    The nerf planet sounds cool... until people pee on it. You'd never get that smell out.

I'll go with teflon. Planet teflon. Easy to clean.:yesway:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You have an opportunity to design and build your own planet. What material(s) do you make it out of?

I would make it entirely out of Nerf, with cherry Jell-O for the polar ice caps.

There would be no waiting for the elevator when you can just jump out the window. Mining for Nerf ore would carry no risk of fatal cave-ins. The drive to work becomes a game of bumper cars every day!

Nerf is not a renewable resource.... so your planet will not survive as long as it has with the mice ... (you go Pami!) :)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My first thought was bacon. Bacon does not keep forever and a rancid rotting bacon planet seems bad.
    The nerf planet sounds cool... until people pee on it. You'd never get that smell out.

I'll go with teflon. Planet teflon. Easy to clean.:yesway:

hehehe no, Teflon is bad... hehehe you have to keep birds and our sugar glider out of the kitchen when you are cooking on Teflon because of the chemicals...

next... :)

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I would have to go with UHMW plastic. Something about Ultra High Molecular Weight sounds like it would attract everything in the universe.

Soon ALL WOULD BE MINE!!!

[evil laugh] Ahhh Hah hah hah.[/evil laugh]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm no fun. My world would be a copy of earth, only half as big, and we would all live as the Native Americans did. :D

If I couldn't go that route, It'd be made of rubber. That way I wouldn't have to worry about asteroid strikes as they would just bounce off and hit your planets! :p

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd choose a nice, relatively stable mixture of Iron, Oxygen, Silicon, Magnesium, Nickel, and Sulfer.

I'd really just LOVE to have a habitible atmosphere.

And an even atmospheric/surface temperature for good measure. This would be accomplished by having my planet roughly 93 million miles from an small-to-average G-series star. Some seasons would be nice...so I'd factor in a roughly 23.5 degree tilt from perpendicular, too.

My planet would probably go ahead and keep the "24-hour" rotation period and the "365-day" revolution period, too, for simplicity sake.

I'd also be sure to load the thing with plenty of Di-hydrogen monoxide, too.

Not original enough?

-J-

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I think I'd make a planet entirely of boiling lava (or would it be mag-ma??) :)

Then, somehow, I'd construct some sort of floating couch cushions that were impervious to the heat. But they'd sink if stood on long enough, right?? There'd be a tower that you'd climb down on, resembling a couch without any cushions on it, that didn't sink..

I don't have a name yet, I'm pretty certain that preschoolers would do well there, and the older you get the less fun it would be..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd choose a nice, relatively stable mixture of Iron, Oxygen, Silicon, Magnesium, Nickel, and Sulfer.

I'd really just LOVE to have a habitible atmosphere.

And an even atmospheric/surface temperature for good measure. This would be accomplished by having my planet roughly 93 million miles from an small-to-average G-series star. Some seasons would be nice...so I'd factor in a roughly 23.5 degree tilt from perpendicular, too.

My planet would probably go ahead and keep the "24-hour" rotation period and the "365-day" revolution period, too, for simplicity sake.

I'd also be sure to load the thing with plenty of Di-hydrogen monoxide, too.

Not original enough?

-J-

Mr. I-can't-go-with-the-bit Guy

Top Bottom