• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Aliens have traveled to Earth from slightly over half way across the galaxy. They've come because they've picked up garbled radio broadcasts and the only word they've been able to decipher or translate is the word "Rock". For some reason, they've picked you to abduct to explain to them what Rock is. The problem is that they're supposed to be at the gym in 22 minutes, so your only hope is to play them a sample and hope they can figure it out from there. You've only got time to play one song. Out of the whole history of Rock n' Roll, what song do you pick?

Difficulty modifier: You must specify one (and only one) song. You can't say "Anything by..."

My choice: Who Are You by The Who

Scutter01's Inquisition

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hmmmm....

I love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett

:D

If they can't figure out Rock from that, there's no way they could have made it to our planet to begin with.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You could play CCR's "Looking Out My Backdoor". That might scare them into thinking we're all crazy and run them off.... :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Scutter, I was wondering something.... Was the purpose of this for them to just understand "Rock" as in
    rockon-1.gif
    and to be peaceful and friendly? Or do we assume they are hostile and are trying to use our music to exterminate us?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter, I was wondering something.... Was the purpose of this for them to just understand "Rock" as in
    rockon-1.gif
    and to be peaceful and friendly? Or do we assume they are hostile and are trying to use our music to exterminate us?

What difference does it make? Here, does this make it easier:

"What single song best defines 'Rock' for you?" Better? Not nearly as funny or interesting, is it?

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Threads like this is why I nominate Scutter as INGO moderator of the year.

Not only is he a very good moderator, strict and fair.. but he also has a fun side.

Top Bottom