Scutter Appreciation Thread--Please stick around.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Scutter answered my very first INGO question, and helped fuel my addiction to this ethereal place we call INGO.

Sir, whatever you decide. Thank you for all you've done in the past and best wishes should you chose to step down. You'll always be a vital part of the membership here, whether you wield a Ban Hammer or not.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Scutter, I'm a relative newbie here, but been around long enough. You gained my respect long ago, and I respect whatever decision you come to. Even if you decide to resign your mod status, please stick around and chime in once in awhile. Your ability and knowledge here is invaluable. Best wishes in anything that you choose to do.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    (Taking some dramatic license in this. Please don't think that I'm comparing the two as equals. I only wish to show the importance of my words.)

Like the soldier returning from an unpopular war, the moderator looks around at the crowd expecting cheers, but only receives jeers. The vocal dissidents cry out, shouting insults and even threats, at those who have worked hard to keep the peace. They do not understand the sad irony of the situation, in that the freedom they have to speak those words is conditional on the actions of those who they are speaking against.

And just as every coin has two sides, where is the other crowd? Those who understand, who appreciate, who sympathize, yet are silent. Allowing others to speak out without interfering, not with the same attitude of the dissidents less they become hypocritical, but in way to guide them from their actions. Where also are the voices of appreciation to those who make this place safe and free, who give much and ask little? A simple word of thanks may seem insignificant to the one giving it, but is precious to the one receiving it.

In ministry, pastors will often go on sabbatical to rest, regroup, and remind themselves of why they do what they do. Sometimes they come back, and unfortunately sometimes the sabbatical turn into a resignation. I hope that this is a sabbatical and not a resignation.

Thank you Scutter, and thank you to the rest of the moderators.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    When you are in a position of authority, you also have a huge target on your back. I understand that the MODS have to deal with abuse and crap every day that we don't. But that is something that comes with the territory. I appreciate Scutter01's role here at INGO, and really don't think it will be the same without him.

That being said, if you can't take the pressure, it's time to hand it off to someone who can. I guess Scutter has a choice to make... pull up his Big Boy undies and get back to work, or get butt hurt and stomp off in a fit of frustration.

Personally, I think Scutter needs to take a break. He has been on the verge of a mental breakdown for a while now. I just hope it's not permanent.

To Scutter01 - Dude, don't take things so seriously. Take a break, chill out, and come back to see us. You can't make everyone happy all the time, so don't get stressed out over it. Do what you gotta do, and if people don't like it, tough. I really think you have forgotten this concept, and that is why you are so stressed.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    What ever you decide Scutter, hope that you still frequent the boards. Thanks for your service, and the answering of a few of my questions since Ive been a member:yesway:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If Scutter has had enough then let him enjoy a lot of peaceful range time :)

Work, play.........or not............it's the Interwebz, and it is no big deal (there's a whole world of fun off the web, but at 2 am probably not the kind you can tell grandma about).

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I've missed the what is going on thread. Is Scutter leaving INGO completely or just as a mod?

Stick around Scutter, someone needs to make some of these troublemakers behave.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I'm still a newb around here but it looks to me as he does a lot of the work around here, at least the stuff that's visible to the public. He has been the only mod I've went to for a question and he handled it well.

Hope he does what's best for him and doesn't do what's best for others.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Hope he does what's best for him and doesn't do what's best for others.
    Yes although it selfish to want him to stay, ultimately it is what Scutter01 feels is best for him. Either way I respect his choice and Scutter01 himself.

Scutter can't step down, he hasn't given me an infraction yet :D
    I received one from him. It was my fault. Now it's part of my INGO record. :rockwoot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well, goodbye INGO, it was fun while it lasted.

Scutter, sorry to hear you've had enough. I've been staying away from "those threads" and didn't even notice it happening. Good luck with your future endeavors. I'd share a few beers with you any time.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Honestly, my appreciation for his work leads me to support his decision. If you respect the man for his moderating abilities and character, then trust him to make the correct decision in his own life as well. Life is too short to do optional things you don't find rewarding. I have seen this coming for a few months. I'm sure it wasn't a spur of the moment decision made in haste and emotion.

Fair winds and full sails. PM me if you're in Greenwood and I'll buy the beer

^^^^
    Certainly this. Just be aware that there are many of us peons here on INGO that really appreciate all the hard work of the Mods and the tremendous amount of crap you put up with. Maybe a vaction from Mod duty would do you a world of good. Again thanks for all you have done for us.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I'm just a NEWBIE, so I don't really have a say in all of this.
    Scutter01... you've earned my respect, for what that is worth.
    You go do what you want.
    God Speed. :ingo:

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I have known this was coming for a while now. It is sad that INGO will loose a great Mod, but I am sure that Scutter will enjoy his time not being so stressed. I really appreciate everything Scutter and the other mods have done and still do. It is really hard to keep some people in line to make sure the site is family friendly. I honestly can say that is what I love about INGO!

Thanks Scutter for everything you have done.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I guess I missed all the excitement! (it seem that I always do!)
    Was it really that bad?
    Scutter, good luck with whatever you decide. Thanks for your work here!
    And to all the mods.... Thanks for all you do to keep (or try) this place civil and orderly!
    I know it's a thankless job(?)! I doubt that I could put up with the things that you all do!
    My only suggestion to Scutter (not that you need any from me) is , if you do stick around, spend less time on here, too much of anything can and will drive you nuts! It seems like you are ALWAYS online any time I check in. (which IS appreciated, just saying that limiting your time on here may be better for your peace of mind.)

I hope this doesn't come across wrong! I wish you the best!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've been a mod before and know exactly what you are going through. If you've hit the point where you dread to login to sift through all the reports and then make decisions on warnings/temp bans/perma bans, and can't just enjoy a site you used to love logging into; then I totally feel your frustration.

Scutter, if you ever are up near Huntington or tthe Fort, hit me up. You've been a great help to me personally, and the community as a whole. Your time and efforts weren't in vain. :-)

Top Bottom