• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Anyone from ACC want to chime in on this? I went to the IDPA match two weekends ago and was extremely impressed by the range, the running of the match, and the SO/ROs. I really want to go to the SCSA match and wanted to get an idea of round count, equipment needed, ect., so if any of the regulars or ACC members would be willing to give me more info that would :rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Minimum round count will be either 100 or 125 rounds, depending on if they have four or five stages. Each stage requires a minimum of 5 rounds, and you will shoot each stage five times, with your highest time of the five being eliminated. Your score will be your total time for the match.

Divisions will be the same as USPSA, plus a "Get Shooting Steel Fast" (GSSF) division and several for .22 rimfire. GSSF and the .22 divisions to not require drawing from the holster, but the other divisions do.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Steel Shooters ! ! ! ---

The Steel Challenge Match is ON for Saturday the 20th at Atlanta Conservation Club. www.atlantacc.net <http://www.atlantacc.net>

Atlanta Conservation Club is now affiliated with the Steel Challenge Shooters Association (SCSA), the guys who put on the World Speed Shooting Championship in Piru, California.

Saturday's weather :: SKETCHY -- , Mostly cloudy - Possible rain - high temperature about 62º.
    Not predicted, but should there be any thunderstorms :: LIGHTNING will delay the match.
    I WILL be setting up the gazebos, but bring the umbrellas and Dri-Duk's, etc.

NEW POLICY AT ACC: THE ACC MEMBERSHIP RECENTLY VOTED AND CLEARLY STATED THAT LATE REGISTRATION AT MATCHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED FOR ANY REASON. MISSING ANY PART OF THE SHOOTER'S MEETING IS CONSIDERED A BREECH OF SAFETY. (DISQUALIFYING YOU FROM THE MATCH) THEREFORE, BE PUNCTUAL.
    THIS TAKES CARE OF ITSELF AT STEEL MATCHES, BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS CLOSED SIGN-IN BEFORE STARTING THE SHOOTER SAFETY BRIEFINGS.
    NEW CATEGORIES, SEE BELOW !!! Mostly .22LR expansion...
    -- PLEASE PARK AT THE TOP OF THE HILL. (IF YOU NEED TO PARK CLOSER, YOU CAN PARK WHEREVER THE GROUND IS FIRM) THANK YOU.

Nominal times:
    8:00 set-up Bring gloves !!
    9:00 to 9:40 sign-in
    9:40 meeting
    10:00 BANG AND CLANG

Stages to be fired:
    SPEED OPTION
    (Official SCSA)
    ROUNDABOUT (Official SCSA)
    PICK 5 (One of mine)
    IDPA STYLE (EL SEC DEF) (One of mine)

Bring 200+ rounds of ammo per entry - - - (Minimum round count = 100 rounds).
    5 (or more) magazines / speed loaders / moon clips will make your day easier.

GUN OF THE MONTH :: POLYMER FRAMED WATER RESISTANT GUNS. ( Just a suggestion . . . you don't have to enter this Category. It is a, "Hey - Let's all shoot our . . . guns this month!!" kind of idea)

DIVISIONS are:
    HOLSTERED ::
    Production; Double action and "Safe action". All GLOCKs, Beretta 92, SIG 229, 226 . . . Springfield XDs (because SCSA is part of USPSA).
    Limited; Single action 1911’s with IRON sights, no compensators.
    Open; Anything goes (semi-automatic).
    Cowboy; for basically whatever Raton Rick wants to bring. (Any SASS handgun division). <}:-})
    Revolver; for all revolvers, IRON sights.
    LOW-READY ::
    Carbine; CF PISTOL calibers, ANY sights NO MAGNUM CALIBERS.
    GSSF; Production guns, but WITHOUT the holster.
    22PO Rimfire Pistol Optic; .22LR, OPTIC sights. Pistol.
    22PI Rimfire Pistol Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. Pistol.
    22RO Rimfire Rifle Optic; .22LR, OPTIC sights. Rifle and Carbine.
    22RI Rimfire Rifle Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. Rifle and Carbine.
    22-6 Rimfire Revolver Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. For 6-shooters.
    22-710 Rimfire Revolver Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. For 7 to 10-shooters.

$10 each gun/entry. ($5 off for active military)

NOTE ::
    ACC IS A COLD RANGE.
    DO NOT "GUN-UP" IN, OR AT, YOUR CAR --- USE THE SAFE AREAS, PREFERABLY WITH AN R.O., OR JUST WAIT UNTIL THE FIRST STAGE.
    You can load magazines anywhere
    EXCEPT THE SAFE AREAS :: but DO NOT remove your gun from its box or bag until you are on the line, ready to compete. (Or you are at one of the SAFE AREAS, with an R.O. :: For example - if you need to verify function, or clean something.)

ERIC WELSH
    BANGANDCLANG-TARGETS@YAHOO.COM

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    policy on multiple guns? (specifically production and .22? should be easy since I won't have to holster the .22, or un-holster the PD gun)?

Do you allow this?
    If so, do you run the shooter w/ both guns back-to-back?

Just might pop down for it tomorrow... been a while since I've done SC. :)

need to shake out the winter cobwebs.

-rvb

KMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Ryan, Multiple guns are allowed... and are quite often done... though more than two is usually too much for one shooter. We usually run them back-to-back.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I only have 4 magazines, and 3 that are really suitable for steel matches. I think I have it covered (thanks again Dave) but if anyone has an extra box of ammo they would be able to bring I would take it off their hands. I've got a box of WWB but it sounds like I need just a bit more. Thanks for the offers to help.

edit - nevermind...I haven't been able to sleep at all tonight so I don't think I am going to make it.

Last edited:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Thanks to Eric and crew for setting up a fun,semi-tough steel match. The weather was great and I think there were around 10 new shooters. I never did hear that whistle though.

Top Bottom