• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I went to this little shop in Martinsville today... They didn't have a whole lot as far as guns go, however this is the best place I have seen for ammo and reloading supplies. They have just about every caliber you can think of available in the form of reloads. I purchased 100 rounds of .223 55gn FMJ for $26.70 and 50 rounds of APC ball ammo for $12.75. I also acquired some .223 tracer rounds. On the rifle ammo the price per 100 is the same as the price per 1000 @ $267.00 for all brass cased ammo that's kinda hard to beat.

They had a vast array of reloading suplies available from powder and bullets to primers and carbide dies and all the prices seemed fair. Oh I forgot to mention they are casting thier own bullets there in a variety of calibers. I have yet to shoot any of the ammo but based on visual inspection I would say the quality is very high. You should definatly check this place out. I thought it was worth the drive. I will probably be buying all my ammo here from now on....

Scroggins Gunshop
    344 W. washington St.
    Martinsville In. 46151
    (765) 342-4941

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Not to rain on your parade but the last time I bought reloaded ammo from them this is what I got ! And trust me the rifle was great shooting condition !https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/7800-mouser_kaaa-booom.html

That is absolutely terrible. I heard about this place from a friend and just went to check it out today. I have not fired any of the ammo from them and only purchased a small quantity as a sampling. I have reloaded quite allot of ammo in my time and I have never seen as epic a fail as you have pictured here. I read what was stated in the other thread as to the firearm not being of modern manufacture or being "single ring". I would have to say that for that much damage to have been done that round would have had to be double loaded. I bet it kicked like hell. I did that once with a muzzle loader it felt like I got kicked by a mule. Any time you are doing something like hand loading ammo the human factor does apply. When inspecting reloaded ammunition the first thing I always do is hold the rounds up close to my ear and shake them one at a time to determine the powder measure. Most rifle cases are only about half or so full of powder. I do this because my one mistake made in reloading was I once missed a case during the charging process. When I fired the round I at first thought it was a misfire but I extracted an empty shell casing. The charge from the primer had just enough power to lodge the projectile about a half inch into the barrel. I always thought OMG what if I had fired the next round? So ever since I carefully inspect every round. I even do the shake test on my own reloads before I fire them. I would bet dollars to pesos there would have been no shake in that round you fired. However the human factor or oops **** happens does not alleviate them from responsibility unless they have some sort of disclaimer posted in the shop or printed on the ammo bag itself. And in all fairness they should have offered some form of compensation. I would have trouble supporting a shop that didn't. It takes 1000 attaboys to make up for one aweshit. I am glad you are ok and were not injured. In view of the repairing the rifle idea. After it has been subjected to those kinds of pressures and taking the relatively low cost of those Mauser's I wouldn't chance it. There's no reason to temp fate. I would just chalk it up to experience and keep it as a reminder of how lucky you were to not have been injured that day.

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I called in sept about gunsmith work.I left a message I still havent heard from them .I called a couple of times since got the same recording

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    I dropped a mauser off to them yesterday morning to be tapped for a scope and to have the bolt handle altered, he had the work done before end of the day, picked it up today. Very pleased with the customer service I recieved.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've had the experience of tapping a stuck case out of the chamber of my .308 due to one of their reloads. Never again! I will load my own or have someone like Andrew at Profire lload for me. A friend bought some of his .44's and was told "We load those HOT for hunting." Good thing he is shooting them in a S&W that can take a few hot loads. I think their QC has gone way downhill since the old man is less involved.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've had gun repairs done there, and bought plenty of reloading supplies and handgun reloads there. Very satisfied with my experiences! Might avoid centerfire rifle reloads after seeing this, but boycott? No.

Top Bottom