3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Campbellsburg IN.
    Have been happy with the ATI mount
    I replaced the bolts with hex heads used blue lock tight
    ATI is a low mount
    about 100 rnds so far, scope came loose , thats a lot of recoil lol
    Mount is doing a great job.
    the thing in front of receiver is a, hand formed ,flame lick, heat shield.
    Say that 10 ten times fast.
    heatshld.jpg

The Boyds stock was not made for a bull barrel a little work needed to be
    done to it.
    I made the heat shield to blend in the stock alterations .

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Have been happy with the ATI mount
    I replaced the bolts with hex heads used blue lock tight
    ATI is a low mount
    about 100 rnds so far, scope came loose , thats a lot of recoil lol
    Mount is doing a great job.
    the thing in front of receiver is a, hand formed ,flame lick, heat shield.
    Say that 10 ten times fast.
    heatshld.jpg

The Boyds stock was not made for a bull barrel a little work needed to be
    done to it.
    I made the heat shield to blend in the stock alterations .

Is that one of the TGI machine gun barrels? Nicely done!

Les

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    Leapers Airgun/.22 1" Bi-directional Offset Optimum Profile Mount RGPMOFS38-25H4

I use this mount directly on the dovetail. If you have a refurb 91/30 or 91/59, just remove the two pins and knock the rear sight mount off. You can always restore it back to original later. Note this does not work with any other Mosins.

Total cost with NCStar Scope = about $55.

Leapers Airgun/.22 1" Bi-directional Offset Optimum Profile Mount RGPMOFS38-25H4 FREE S&H RGPMOFS38-25H4. Leapers Accushot Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases, Leapers Accushot Rifle Scopes, Leapers Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

p.s. the finish on this laminated stock is original! A 1942 Izhevsk refurb - my first Mosin!

Les

Scope1.jpg

Scope2.jpg

This is the concept I went with. Search this forum for my easy mosin nagant rear sight removal that doesn't require drilling/tapping your receiver and no gunsmith work whatsoever.

I removed the rear sight retaining pins with a punch (get a $15 set at walmart) and then put the barrel/receiver into a 500 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Tap it off and steel wool the solder that's left on the dovetail. Again, read my post on this forum and it goes into painstaking detail about this process.

Basically a $15 punch set that you'll use again, no gunsmith trips, no waiting, and the gratification of doing the work yourself.

Leapers also has a ring/mount combo (check Amazon) that actually has 3 hex screws that attach to the dovetail, which is great with the mosin.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    This is the concept I went with. Search this forum for my easy mosin nagant rear sight removal that doesn't require drilling/tapping your receiver and no gunsmith work whatsoever.

I removed the rear sight retaining pins with a punch (get a $15 set at walmart) and then put the barrel/receiver into a 500 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Tap it off and steel wool the solder that's left on the dovetail. Again, read my post on this forum and it goes into painstaking detail about this process.

Basically a $15 punch set that you'll use again, no gunsmith trips, no waiting, and the gratification of doing the work yourself.

Leapers also has a ring/mount combo (check Amazon) that actually has 3 hex screws that attach to the dovetail, which is great with the mosin.

I would urge anyone doing this to try to gently tap off the mount before heating in an oven. I've never seen one that was both pinned and soldered. If it is silver soldered, 500 degrees will not be hot enough to do the trick.

Les

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    after removing the pins on mine i kept bangin and it would not come off. figured it was soldered so just used a blowtorch and heated up until the solder started dripping then came off easily

Top Bottom