• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Fully admitting I’m the least brightest bulb in the box, watched the full vid. didn’t see anything remotely close to 600 yards.

Further, saw a bunch o guys out for an afternoon of shooting their wiz bang firearms. In formation, looking like some television envisioned military operation. Looked like they were out for a good time.

And a second further, didn’t see any circumstances where a single hand grenade would not have killed the entire group.

What is the point of a 600 yard shot if not to be invisible?

Am I missing something here? Only an observation and not meant to be insulting or disrespectful.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    No offense taken.

What would you consider the shots to be taken? If not remotely close to 600, how far then? The video has shots at 500.

It is a scoped rifle class, not a
    1. Sniper class
    2. Patrolling class

That being said, we have to get places. There are no benches to remove the rifle from the car and set it down. If you want to shoot it, you have to carry it.

Do you have many hand grenades? I'd challenge that you'd narry find a class that a hand grenade wouldn't take out most of the carbine class.

The purpose of a 600 yard shot? Well, it takes far less to be invisible at 600 than at 100.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Sir: Thank you for your reply.

500 is not 600. Let that be that. And I do understand you say “can” get out to 600”.

I do now realize it is a class for folks entering or learning moderately long distance shooting. ie: 600 yards.

As for the other, it appears on the video (using) a spotter the class is intended for counter surveillance or counter insurgent work. That is what drew my attention to the video. And my response.

Nope, not a grenade anywhere near here.

I have a very small amount of knowledge about long range shooting and it has been of interest to me since the late 60’s. Early 70’s

Please let me apologize if I have offended you in any way.

Last edited:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Thanks for the comment!

No one said it was at 600, not sure what has to be left? Yes, we can get there. No the video does not contain a shot from 600.

The class isn't intended for counter insurgent work or even counter surveillance. Literally get gun owners off the computers and out into the field using the gear. Instead of having someone sitting on a bench looking though a 60x spotting scope, everyone uses their own glass to spot for the shooter. This also frees up time in the transtition from shooter to spotter. There are no militia types playing army. It is a group of us stretching the legs of some rifles. The oldest person I've had in class was 72 years old. For gear I've had everything from pump action .223 rifles shooting steel cased Tula to $3,000+ custom bolt rifles shooting hand loads.

We are getting regular folks on steel at 600 on a 10"x12" in a day. No, that isn't the most amazing achievement, however, when you take away the benches, spotting scopes, and comfort it does up the ante a bit.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Oh man, now I know what training company uses that range. :thumbsup:

Is that building you are walking up to at 1:46 the one at the far end of the property just past 600 yards? I wanted to check it out, but it was pretty buried in the weeds last month.

Top Bottom