• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a 5.5" heavy barrel Buckmark. I'm wanting to scope it. I'm having trouble deciding between a red dot, or a reflex. For those that do have one scoped. What scope are you using, and what is your opinion of your set up. I might be getting into some remfire competitions, so that is what I would be using it for. Besides being a plinker. Any input would be much appreciated.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I use a red dot on a Buckmark but at times (for longer ranges) would prefer at least a 2 power scope. The dot is fine for plinking and such but too imprecise for fine work out past 15 yards or so. I would advise going with the smallest dot size you can to help with small targets at longer distances.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Clone

I use a Famous Maker clone of the Aimpoint T-1. It is small and the dot is also small. I set mine up for shooting steel playes at Friday Night Steel. I have the Buckmark Whisper.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a 2 3/4x Burris Pistol scope mounted on my S&W 22S. I sell the scope for $80. Nice clear optics, I just want to use iron sights on it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I recently bought a 10/22 that came with a Fire-Fly red dot scope mounted on it. Well after a range day yesterday, I was not real pleased with the scope. The brightness setting only goes up to 7. The sun was at my back, and made it near impossible to see the dot. I tried looking up this brand of scope, but have had not luck. The only thing I could find is this.

Firefly 2x20 RedDot Scope

Only mine is a 1x, and the brightness setting only goes to 7. To make a long story I mounted it on my Buckmark, and got a new scope for my 10/22. I bought a B SQUARE scope mount. I'm going to get it sighted in tomorrow, and I'll post a range report. I'll try to get some pics of the targets up also. If I'm not happy with it, then I'll find a different scope. This is the first scoped pistol I have owned or shot, so it should be interesting.

Here is a picture.

0026.jpg

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I bought a ruger mark II with a 4x Leupold scope and quite like it.... Although it can be a bit jumpy. I wouldn't normally buy Leupold but it was an auction setting and it went at such a good price that I couldn't resist.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Here are my thoughts from limited experience. We like the Bushnell Red Dots. I like the long sunshade and has 10 or 12 brightness settings. Nice price @$80-$90 most anywhere. Does great for 15, 25 & 50 yard plinking. My scope, although mounted on my Ruger SRH - looks like it would fit fine on my MKIII. I have a Simmons 2x7x32 long eye relief scope shipped for about $125. The lowest setting of 2x allows for 14' view at 100 yards. Only about 4' when set on 7x power. Glass is pretty good, not Leupold quality or $$$, but good enough for my use. Long eye relief is important and this one is 18" - 22", about perfect for most any one. Some old pics.

Here is a pic of red dots

dsc04796.jpg

Here is a pic of the scope

dsc05049n.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I put one of the Bushnell Trophies on my 10/22, paid $85. The reticles are bright and easy to pick up. I also like the fact you have four different reticles to choose from. The scope I put on my Buckmark is worthless, and went into the trash. With the sun you could not see the reticle for crap. So I think I'm going to go with another Bushnell for it. I also had really good luck with a B.S.A. That I had mounted on a couple of other guns. I know longer have it though. I do not care for Gander. I may go just because they have a good variety. That way I can actually take time to look over them. To see if it's what I really want or not.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My favorite .22 scope is the Ultra Dot

They rave about them at rimfire central, and I have been very happy with mine. I have mine mounted on a Buckmark Plus

Ultra Dot West Home

The UltraDot is nice. I had one on my Buckmark before moving it to the Smith & Wesson. My Buckmark now has its iron sights back. If we get that Crossley trip organized I will have to break the Smith out so the OP can try the optic.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom