• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis

...A new gun rights group is launching a six-figure ad buy in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, focusing on the millions of Americans who became gun owners during and after the COVID pandemic.
    Why it matters: The NRA — the longtime premier gun-rights group in the U.S. — cut its political spending from $54 million in 2016 to $29 million in 2020, according to OpenSecrets data. It has reserved $1.3 million in ad spending in 2024, according to AdImpact.

• The Secure Our Freedom Alliance, a 501(c)4 organization, isn't looking to compete with existing firearm groups, but...
    Uh oh! Why would they do that tho? Very weird

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    The stated reasons for going after the NRA first and foremost was they were the first major organization to back Trump and did so in a big way. Others did their part but without the NRA stepping up first I don’t think Trump would have been elected.

So to all you “starve it until it reforms” you have succeeded beyond your wildest dreams. Congratulations you helped take down the largest and oldest gun rights organization in the world. You can sleep well at night knowing WLP is not getting new suits on your dime, or an expensive vacation. Yep, wiped it out…
    The NRA crashed because of one man and his greedy, criminal leadership of complicit board members. In 2022, when Wayne's corruption was well known, the BOD reelected him by 54-1.

NRA membership is, in general, a moral and ethical bunch. I'm surprised the financial support for the NRA continued as long as it did. We need a strong NRA but that was never going to be the case under Wayne. The corruption and hollowing-out would have continued.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We need a strong NRA but that was never going to be the case under Wayne. The corruption and hollowing-out would have continued.
    BS, the “strong” NRA was built during the WPL years.

I doubt Soros gives a flying f*** what the heads of his organizations do as long as the job is done. Look at BLM. The NRA was a juggernaut, the left used the members morals and ethics to take down the organization in a way they never could have in court. They divided the members who cut off the cash and the rest is history. I hope the NRA can come back but I doubt it…

Top Bottom