• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

...A new gun rights group is launching a six-figure ad buy in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, focusing on the millions of Americans who became gun owners during and after the COVID pandemic.
    Why it matters: The NRA — the longtime premier gun-rights group in the U.S. — cut its political spending from $54 million in 2016 to $29 million in 2020, according to OpenSecrets data. It has reserved $1.3 million in ad spending in 2024, according to AdImpact.

• The Secure Our Freedom Alliance, a 501(c)4 organization, isn't looking to compete with existing firearm groups, but...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The stated reasons for going after the NRA first and foremost was they were the first major organization to back Trump and did so in a big way. Others did their part but without the NRA stepping up first I don’t think Trump would have been elected.

So to all you “starve it until it reforms” you have succeeded beyond your wildest dreams. Congratulations you helped take down the largest and oldest gun rights organization in the world. You can sleep well at night knowing WLP is not getting new suits on your dime, or an expensive vacation. Yep, wiped it out…

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

...A new gun rights group is launching a six-figure ad buy in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, focusing on the millions of Americans who became gun owners during and after the COVID pandemic.
    Why it matters: The NRA — the longtime premier gun-rights group in the U.S. — cut its political spending from $54 million in 2016 to $29 million in 2020, according to OpenSecrets data. It has reserved $1.3 million in ad spending in 2024, according to AdImpact.

• The Secure Our Freedom Alliance, a 501(c)4 organization, isn't looking to compete with existing firearm groups, but...
    Can't hurt anything.
    If they are like the ILA it will be helpful.
    Fighting in courts is more important IMO.

Ad's

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Really? Instead of securing the pen you would rather spend money on a roundup group for after the bad happens? Not my values. I want to elect the best 2A candidates we can to repeal…
    Not going to happen. You think this small group can afford to bribe Lawmakers? Like I said it's not going to happen. Better to spend money in court.
    The majority of these anti 2A laws were enacted already around a century ago, and to undo them its going to take the SCOTUS to get rid of them because congress never will.
    So IMO yes we need to get rid of the thousands of anti 2A laws on the books already.

Edit:
    And it needs to be done now while we have a favorable SCOTUS.

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The stated reasons for going after the NRA first and foremost was they were the first major organization to back Trump and did so in a big way. Others did their part but without the NRA stepping up first I don’t think Trump would have been elected.

So to all you “starve it until it reforms” you have succeeded beyond your wildest dreams. Congratulations you helped take down the largest and oldest gun rights organization in the world. You can sleep well at night knowing WLP is not getting new suits on your dime, or an expensive vacation. Yep, wiped it out…
    Absolutely correct. The so called self righteous once again ruins it for the majority. What's interesting is that they boycotted and fought against the NRA more than they fight against the indoctrinating left. If just some of the energy that they put forth against the NRA was used to fight the left, we would not be faced with the possibility of losing our constitution.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have kept up my donations to NRA-ILA. None of that money was ever going to go to Wayne. There was never a reason to starve that group or the PV group. But here we are.
    Same here I stopped the NRA donates, and gave to the ILA.

Now I guess some here are thinking give to this 2a group, or that 2a group.
    That isn't even in my thinking process.

I donate to many groups that are actually fighting for the 2A in court.
    If you are only donating to your favorite 2a group you are losing the fight by doing so.
    Many 2a groups are currently fighting in court for your 2a rights and they are not all the NRA ILA.
    I suggest donating to groups who are currently fighting in court, and doing something to change the law.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Same here I stopped the NRA donates, and gave to the ILA.

Now I guess some here are thinking give to this 2a group, or that 2a group.
    That isn't even in my thinking process.

I donate to many groups that are actually fighting for the 2A in court.
    If you are only donating to your favorite 2a group you are losing the fight by doing so.
    Many 2a groups are currently fighting in court for your 2a rights and they are not all the NRA ILA.
    I suggest donating to groups who are currently fighting in court, and doing something to change the law.
    Agreed. I am a life member of SAF and also ISRPA (gotta keep Kelly working)

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I am:
    NRA Life Member Benefactor
    Life Member ISRPA
    Life Member GOA
    Member SAF

My gun club ( and thus part of my dues ) go to Friends of NRA annually as well as Kos. Co. 4-H shooting sports

Donations to NRA-ILA
    Donations to orgs as I feel the need to do.

At my age I won’t be jumping on me,bership or contributions to new orgs without a track record…but that’s me. I wouldn’t be an NRA lifer if I had known years ago ‘things’ I know now…water under the bridge. Also all members of our gun club need to either be an NRA member or join due to our insurance being thru NRA and membership required by them. So sometimes no choice.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The NRA had a very good history of support in MANY areas. It wasn't until recent years that our gun freedoms have been attacked in the manner we are seeing today. The NRA remained important even though it may not have been as active in the courts as some other organizations.

The left just loved seeing the self righteous go after their own.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    The difference between the right and the left is clear as day. The left will stick together and work through issues, never eating their own. They stick together like glue. The right on the other hand will disown and destroy that which is considered not right, even if it will hurt the group as a whole.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The NRA had a very good history of support in MANY areas. It wasn't until recent years that our gun freedoms have been attacked in the manner we are seeing today. The NRA remained important even though it may not have been as active in the courts as some other organizations.

The left just loved seeing the self righteous go after their own.
    The NFA was in 1934 long before ( I feel confident to say ) any INGO members alive right now. Nearly a century ago.
    That needs overturned by SCOTUS. That should be the target of every 2A group right now with the current SCOTUS if possible.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Former NRA-ILA Chief Chris Cox is in this org.

Our purpose is to win the hearts and minds of the American public to protect the right to self-defense," said Chris Cox, a senior adviser to the new group and the NRA's former political director and chief lobbyist.

Top Bottom