• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SOURCE

WASHINGTON – California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says concessions made to Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson to win his vote on the health care overhaul bill were a "rip-off" for his state and is urging California lawmakers to vote against it.
    In an interview airing Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press, Schwarzenegger says giving extra Medicaid benefits to Nebraska to secure Nelson's vote, critical to Senate passage of the measure, was "like buying a vote." In Sacramento, he says, "it is illegal to do that, to buy votes."
    Schwarzenegger was one of the few Republicans to express support for health care reform, but last week protested the deal that gave Nebraska more Medicaid money but not other states.
    Nelson said he is asking the Democratic leadership to extend to all states the extra Medicaid money Nebraska would receive under the bill. The House and Senate are now negotiating the final version.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:extend it for all the state! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    With what $$$ idiot! :faint:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    In that speech, according to news reports, Shwartzenegger said that "Nebraksa got the corn and we got the husk"...

Sounds like that old country song "She got the gold mine - and I got the shaft!"

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Good ole Arnold was only disappointed in some of the tactics used to advance the health care bill. He is for socialized medicine, cap and tax and gobal-warming legislation. I think that he has even backed off his opposition to tightening up our borders and wants to make the illegals that are already here, legal. He is really just a big progressive under what was once viewed as a tough conservative exterior. He has spent too much time with the Kennedys. I know that he, as a politician, has had to make a lot of compromises to get anything accomplished in that cesspool of a state. However, it would seem that he is now just a big liberal. I am glad that he is too old and fat to once again be Conan or the Terminator since I would probably not want to go and see any more of his movies. Kalifornia is just one big lost cause in my opinion.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    FTA:

"I live to see you eat that Reform Bill, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I’m going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"

Top Bottom