• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The quote from the news article "wearing her hair in a natural African-American hair style"....... say what? Curly and all puffed out is a natural African-American style? What the hell does that mean? Their hair naturally became like this as a result of their being Americanized? What, is it the water that does this? Where do they find the morons that write this stuff?

Now, to the meat of the story. Whoever made that decision at that school has about the same size brain as the one's that enforce the zero tolerance policies for finger and pop tart guns. If that person were in charge of my kids school they would be out of a job or my kid would be in a new school. End of story.

I think it simply means that she takes no effort to alter what her hair's natural state is. And that natural state is due in large part to her negroid genetics (mods, please don't ban, that's the proper term). The use of African American is simply the PC/layman's way of identifying her genetic race.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    She is a gorgeous little girl in that pic.
    she absolutely is
    I'd agree if the school hadn't let it be for 3 years without saying anything about it.

EDIT: she doesn't need to cut it, according to the school. Just tame it.
    I think that is what bothers me the most about it, it has been this way for 3 years and now all of a sudden it is an issue?

my son has had a mohawk for 4 years, wears it year round, even in school. He has had it as tall as 6 inches, not a word said at school. If they chose now to say it needs cut, I would fight it too, bringing in school pictures for 4 years and show them it has never been an issue in the past.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When I used to wear my hair longer, it would look something like that when I got up in the morning...

In all seriousness, I think she makes that hair style work. It's a shame folks get all riled up over something like that in the photo. I was expecting something much worse. But if it were my child, I'd make a reasonable attempt to get the school to reconsider but if they wanted to retain that stand, I think I would do some school shopping.

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    Just what I wrote. We don't always have unstated messages in our posts, ya know.

You should make clearer points then. It appears you have a problem with this. At least that's what I gather from your original post. Which in turn would seem to indicate you have a problem with private business setting their own rules. Am I missing something?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You should make clearer points then. It appears you have a problem with this. At least that's what I gather from your original post. Which in turn would seem to indicate you have a problem with private business setting their own rules. Am I missing something?
    Very much. About [STRIKE]4[/STRIKE] 3.5 years' worth of posting history.

Last edited:

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    When I was a young man still in school, white girls would fog up the bathrooms with white rain hairspray to get that look.

Now that I have had a good think back into the 80's, im going to lie down for the night.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Ah ok, I'll go back and read the last 4 years of your posts then. That makes much more sense than you just being clear about it to begin with. :nuts:
    Perhaps it would just be better if you read Post #18.

My position on schools/education is well-documented and well-known in INGO for those that have been here for any length of time. From your limited experience time on INGO, I can understand why that wouldn't be obvious to you. But understand that I don't post to make your comprehension easier. And I'm not about to change just because you haven't caught up yet.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I don't get it...her hair is clean and we'll kept. It just doesn't have gallons of oils and product in it to tame it. She has a whole lifetime ahead of her to dump pounds of product onto her head, she should not be "required" to start that now.

From the article, it sounds as if this was never a problem until some kids started teasing her and the parents complained to administrators. Perhaps that is the bigger problem here...this little girl has to change her natural appearance because no one wants to deal with the kids that were teasing her.

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    Perhaps it would just be better if you read Post #18.

My position on schools/education is well-documented and well-known in INGO for those that have been here for any length of time. From your limited experience time on INGO, I can understand why that wouldn't be obvious to you. But understand that I don't post to make your comprehension easier. And I'm not about to change just because you haven't caught up yet.

Alrighty then.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Alrighty then.
    Good. Glad you're feeling better about this. But if it helps, you don't really have to go back that far. The last 12 months would suffice. That's where most of post history revolving around this subject can be found anyway. Prior to that I was poking the Paul fans for the most part.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I suppose it is their school and their right to set (stupid) rules. However, one of the things I remember about transitioning from high school to college was that all the arbitrary rules imposed in high school so as not to pose a "distraction" to education no longer mattered. At college kids still were able to learn regardless of how they were dressed or wore their hair. I sat next to the girl with the gaping halter top and still managed to get credit in the class. :naughty:

I've never understood why schools are so much into power and control. Power and control often bring opposition and defiance.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I find it interesting , people's reaction to this. What if this were a US Military Academy , for example, instead of a private high school?

88 GT's point about why did the rules change after 3 years, can probably be found in the story where she got teased about her hair, and took it to the powers that be at the school - hence it was causing an issue.

I don't agree with their actions, but I do believe that the school is with it's rights to do this.

Kind of like many other things - just because you have the right to do something DOESN'T necessarily make it the right thing to do. Sometimes - it's a stupid move regardless.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I find it interesting , people's reaction to this. What if this were a US Military Academy , for example, instead of a private high school?
    But it's not. And if it were, compliance is a top priority so I imagine the rules would have been enforce from day 1. Not a very good analogy.

88 GT's point about why did the rules change after 3 years, can probably be found in the story where she got teased about her hair, and took it to the powers that be at the school - hence it was causing an issue.
    So the fat girl would have to lose weight if she started getting teased? I know what precipitated the change, but that doesn't explain WHY they are suddenly enforcing a rule that may or may not actually apply here. This screams reactionary avoidance by the school. They don't want to deal with the inappropriate behavior from those teasing her, so they push the consequences on her instead. Wanna bet the ones responsible for the teasing are "important" people somehow?

Kind of like many other things - just because you have the right to do something DOESN'T necessarily make it the right thing to do. Sometimes - it's a stupid move regardless.
    Are you claiming the girl shouldn't wear her hair a certain way or the school shouldn't put the consequences of their inability to deal with it on her?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ah ok, I'll go back and read the last 4 years of your posts then. That makes much more sense than you just being clear about it to begin with. :nuts:

Who pissed in your lunch bucket?

88GT has been CRYSTAL clear in her posts.
    Maybe you need a writing interpretation course.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

I don't agree with their actions, but I do believe that the school is with it's rights to do this.

Being a private entity, they could also make a rule saying everyone had to wear a monkey suit to school, and that they recite the Bulgarian nation anthem (if they have one) every morning.
    That doesn't mean it would be a good idea.

Why not deal with the obvious "bullying" problem they have?

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I'm going to venture to guess that it went down like this.
    So Johnny why are you picking on said girl and making fun of her hair: Well because I sit behind her and can't see the board or the teacher or anything else in front of me.
    So your telling me her hair is a distraction: Yes Sir

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Being a private entity, they could also make a rule saying everyone had to wear a monkey suit to school, and that they recite the Bulgarian nation anthem (if they have one) every morning.
    That doesn't mean it would be a good idea.

Why not deal with the obvious "bullying" problem they have?

As a private entity, could they make a rule saying everyone has to have white skin?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom