• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    After seeing more on the news I now see this is what he had. Understand I am not advocating zero tolerance here, but it is important to note that this is a knife pure and simple. Yes it has a fork and spoon but it also has a regular sharp knife blade. True the boy is probably not old enough to know right from wrong in this case and he might not have told his parents he was taking it to school, but the parents have to know that this type of item is not allowed in any public school and be aware of the consequences of doing so. We can argue the fact that a small knife etc is ok but that is not the point. There is a rule in place that is meant to protect the majority of people and in this case it has been broken. Also broken is the punishment and this is where the problem lies.

There is no gray area in this case. He took a knife to school. He broke an established rule. If the rule needs changing then fight like hell to change the rule like his parents are.

Or...better yet, stop sending my tax dollars to public schools which foster such rules. Get rid of the whole lot. Re-privatize education. I'll send my kids to a school which teaches children the proper use of tools such as knives, firearms, and even explosives if I find it to be valuable knowledge.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    And people still send their kids to the public schools (shaking head). Amazing.

That 'we the people' allow the sissy-fying that goes on there these days, and the acclimating of our young people there to all sorts of infringements of their rights is shameful.

Should any of us be surprised when young people voted for the likes of Obama and his ilk?

I don't want to take this too far afield, so I'll just stop right now.

I have 2 children that have graduated from public schools. I have one child still in public schools. None of my children have been "sissified" as you put it. My children were taught to follow the rules, agree with them or not. They didn't agree with all of my rules, but they followed them.

Now let me go on to say I don't agree with the "no tolerance" policies set forth by our schools, I will tell my children I don't agree with it and tell them why. I also try to explain to them why the rules are the way they are. They are the rules though and they will follow them. That makes them "sissified" how?

"When in my house you follow the rules set forth". This is golden rule number one in our home, it covers wherever they are, grandmas, aunties, the neighbors, school etc. Leaves no room for misrepresentation.

And for the record, both of my daughters were old enough to vote this past election and neither of them voted Obama.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'm old enough to remember the days when knives and even guns could be found on school property, and very little was thought of it. In grade school, we would have after hours fund raising fairs at the school, where kids could win such things as little pen knives. In high school and during hunting season, it was not uncommon to see a kid's truck in the parking lot with a shotgun in the rear window.

In the good old days, Johny would never even think of getting his 12-gauge from the truck to settle a score at school.

How things have changed.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    my wife heard on the radio today that this will get taken off of the kids record

thank goodness

Are you sure it was the 6y/o or the Eagle Scout? There were two different incidents like this. The Eagle Scout was told on for having a 2" Survival Knife. Heard about this earlier on Fox.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have 2 children that have graduated from public schools. I have one child still in public schools. None of my children have been "sissified" as you put it. My children were taught to follow the rules, agree with them or not. They didn't agree with all of my rules, but they followed them.

I graduated from a class of 450 and I would venture to say that 449 of them are sissified liberals.

INmilitiaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The politicins and the bankers arent the ones destroying this country.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The politicins and the bankers arent the ones destroying this country.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

Agreed about the Bankers. But it is the politicians destroying us. I also believe that the people are having a heavy hand in helping, but it is also the politicians who are passing laws against the people's will.

Top Bottom