• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    I think the real reasoning is that school districts are afraid of being held accountable if they don't have a zero-tolerance policy. In our litigation-happy society, they risk losing a lot of money if they are soft on kids like this. Little Johnnie gets stabbed by a spork because he tries to steal Freddies milk money and Freddie says NFW with the spork. Little Johnnie wins the legal lottery if his attorney can prove that his school and school board did not sufficiently protect him. "Other schools don't allow sporks, why does yours?????"

Instead, they should be asking why Little Johnnie is a thief in training.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Remember the old joke: What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? Ans: A good start.

Or, Do you know the difference between an Attorney and a Lawyer? Ans: Their Fees.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Wow that is crazy. Any pocket sized knife shouldn't be included in the definition of a weapon, especially when used in a zero tolerance situation. This is a clear case of people not using common sense. If the kid had brought a 16" machete, I may feel differently, but this is pretty bad. The kid will probably be better off in the long run that he is out of the school.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    I eat lunch at my daughters school occasionally. They only have metal spoons.

My wife is a teacher and brought a butter knife to school to cut up her lunch and was "informed" of her schools policy on that. I couldn't freaking believe it. A BUTTER KNIFE! IN THE TEACHERS LOUNGE! Give me a break.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    And people still send their kids to the public schools (shaking head). Amazing.

That 'we the people' allow the sissy-fying that goes on there these days, and the acclimating of our young people there to all sorts of infringements of their rights is shameful.

Should any of us be surprised when young people voted for the likes of Obama and his ilk?

I don't want to take this too far afield, so I'll just stop right now.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder if the school has any knives in the cafeteria??? Did anyone also notice that further into the story, they once again pull the race card. Getting tired of that too!

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I wonder if the school has any knives in the cafeteria??? Did anyone also notice that further into the story, they once again pull the race card. Getting tired of that too!

Probably not.
    Ask if there are knives in the KITCHEN.
    If there are butcher, paring or steak knives, they would have to be antiques (seeing as no 'weapons' can be taken onto school grounds).

Public schools are a bureaucratic failure, but are a necessary evil as one of the 10 pillars of communism.

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    wow... whats next?
    I wont be surprise to see something like this in the news...
    7 year old student expelled for having a backpack, worried parents thought it was a bomb.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    He had one of these:

Utensil.jpg

I have one of these in my BoB. :D

I hear too many stories like this...

We tell our Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts to never take any of their items (knives, utensils, firestarters, etc.) to school or school activities, to be sure to check their jacket pockets that they've worn to meetings and activities to be sure they haven't inadvertenly left any of these items in them before wearing them to school, etc.

This is just crazy; Scouts are generally more responsible with pocket knives than most adults. :dunno: And this wasn't even a pocket knife...it's an eating utensil. Better outlaw those sharp pencils, they might be used as a weapon, ya know!

I carried my pocket knife, but I never let anyone know. Concealed is concealed after all. ;)

Ban all Sharpen Pencils? How about Rubber Bands too? Boots?

And belts, and pens and crayons, and socks, and shoes, and chalk, and dry erase pens, and staplers, and paper, and.... omg. Guess no where is safe. Better put electric dog collars on the kids to keep them in line and safe from themselves.... :rolleyes: Liberals amaze me.

Remember the old joke: What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? Ans: A good start.

Or, Do you know the difference between an Attorney and a Lawyer? Ans: Their Fees.

Unfortunately, the problem doesn't lie with the lawyers. It lies within the laws. Lawyers serve a good purpose which is to defend you against or within the law. I don't fault Lawyers. I fault the policy and law makers.

amw575

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bloomington
    No case is exactly the same, the blanket zero-tolerance being applied to all cases seems excessive. However its not nearly as excessive as if the try and impose the 45 days of reform school on this kid. I would hate to think about my response as a parent to that one...

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Gotta love modern American pussification. Kinda feels like I'm living in Rome...just a few years before the Huns & Barbarians decided to pay a visit.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah, if you do not seek the death penalty for this 6 year old taking an eating kit to school, you cannot ask a gang banger to leave his AK at home. If one innocent person is allowed to have anything that may, in some way, be misused, all criminals, everywhere, must be relased and given weapons and allowed to prey on as many victims as they wish, because THAT'S ONLY FAIR!

Scary, but that is how the Liberal mind (I use the term loosely) works.

Doug

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Parents should sue the board, the principal, and every teacher involved for defamation, and make them either prove the child is the threat they have publically claimed he is, or pay up.

Which is exactly my intended tactic should crap like this ever be foisted upon my boy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Let's see eating utensils . . . . oh yeah, that sounds dangerous. Oh, and no cloth napkins either, those can be used as garrotes you know. Paper napkins only.

So, enlighten me, do school cafeterias no longer have silverware? If not, I'm really out of it (proudly, btw).

Paper napkins can be forced down throats and used to suffocate other innocent children.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    you know is a little kid want to kill someone he could use just about anything......Turn a wooden or plastic ruler into a knife and cut someones throat or stab them. Same with a pencil......a set of scicors from a teachers desk etc etc......My wife is a teacher ive gone threw her desk and just sat here thinking of all the wepons i could make by sharpening things............BTW when u guys mention furhur lol i have to say it in a german tone of voice......its kinda funny.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I went to a small town highschool of about 850 students.We had club day once a month. We had an archery club and a trap/skeet club . So once a month our SCHOOL was full of compound bows and 12 gauge shotguns.Everyone carried a lockback on their belt everyday, everywhere. Most males and some females had full gunracks in the back window of their trucks and they were loaded . The normal fights and arguments happened then as they do now . Here is the kicker I am 95% certain that , with all those loaded guns and sharpened knives very close at hand not one of them was used in a violent manner toward another person.
    So what I want to know is how did we get from that type school environment in the late 80's to an environment that would suspend a child for an eating utinsel, that he was proud of and wanted to have with him, falling out of his pocket.
    He did nothing except have small pockets.
    I just don't get this mentality of zero tolerance from the same people that are preaching tolerance on everything else

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I went to a small town highschool of about 850 students.We had club day once a month. We had an archery club and a trap/skeet club . So once a month our SCHOOL was full of compound bows and 12 gauge shotguns.Everyone carried a lockback on their belt everyday, everywhere. Most males and some females had full gunracks in the back window of their trucks and they were loaded . The normal fights and arguments happened then as they do now . Here is the kicker I am 95% certain that , with all those loaded guns and sharpened knives very close at hand not one of them was used in a violent manner toward another person.
    So what I want to know is how did we get from that type school environment in the late 80's to an environment that would suspend a child for an eating utinsel, that he was proud of and wanted to have with him, falling out of his pocket.
    He did nothing except have small pockets.
    I just don't get this mentality of zero tolerance from the same people that are preaching tolerance on everything else

The answer is simple. This generation of kids are not scared ****less of their parents. Their parents don't give a :poop: what they do. I see it everyday in my own neighborhood. My neighbors son was telling 1st and 2nd graders (He's a 4th grader) to suck his ballz. Including my daughter. We confronted the mother about it whom we were friends with and her son out and out lied about the whole thing, even about calling our other neighbor kid a fag. THEN his mother had the GAUL to make MY daughter apologize. For nothing.

We have a administrative conference Friday about it.

Also, kids in my neighborhood run wild. I'm talking 1st and 2nd graders. Even younger than that. I've watched 4-5y/o's running loose with no one to watch them and their parents were at home drinking or watching tv or ASLEEP! And didn't care.

I blame the parents for crap like this in the OP. Not that kid's parents, but lazy, uncaring parents in general who think the schools and daycare and other kids should teach and raise their kids for them. Or society in general.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    He had one of these:

Utensil.jpg

After seeing more on the news I now see this is what he had. Understand I am not advocating zero tolerance here, but it is important to note that this is a knife pure and simple. Yes it has a fork and spoon but it also has a regular sharp knife blade. True the boy is probably not old enough to know right from wrong in this case and he might not have told his parents he was taking it to school, but the parents have to know that this type of item is not allowed in any public school and be aware of the consequences of doing so. We can argue the fact that a small knife etc is ok but that is not the point. There is a rule in place that is meant to protect the majority of people and in this case it has been broken. Also broken is the punishment and this is where the problem lies.

There is no gray area in this case. He took a knife to school. He broke an established rule. If the rule needs changing then fight like hell to change the rule like his parents are.

Top Bottom