• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Took the sarcasm out of this...

IF the .gov wants to effectively strip your right to defense THEN they are responsible for your defense.

Oh wait...

Warren v District of Columbia

Nevermind...sarcasm back on!

But in the case you link above it was that "the gov does not need to protect an individual just society" thus why I say form a class-action lawsuit and say that the entire school population (students, faculty, admin) was in danger and the city/state/fed failed to protect society (as a whole). :D

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Prayers for the victims. Medals for the teachers. :patriot: Even had they had guns it would be above and beyond.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    the "discussion" of this news story goes to a momslikeme.com website... feel free to inject logic and common sense into the conversation:
    Current Events : Discussions : Breaking news **Shooting at Deer Creek Middle School** UPDATE -- Mom to Mom Forums Denver MomsLikeMe.com

From the comments so far there "appears" to be no ANTI-GUN comments. A lot of "how scary" and "OMG" for the most part. Not 1 word on firearm, gun, etc... :dunno: Looks like it's just people posting that can not believe that evil can be so close to them. (IE: SHEEP!)

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    the "discussion" of this news story goes to a momslikeme.com website... feel free to inject logic and common sense into the conversation:
    Current Events : Discussions : Breaking news **Shooting at Deer Creek Middle School** UPDATE -- Mom to Mom Forums Denver MomsLikeMe.com
    I'm with jediagh, No mention at all of guns or a lack of common sense. Just a bunch of people who are from the area and rightly shooken up. They didn't blame the firearm. They really didn't say much of anything besides "prayers", "how tragic" and "keep us updated". I'd be pretty upset too if i was just finding out via the internet that there was a crazy person at my kid's school!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Didn't they learn the last time this happened to outlaw guns in schools? If guns were outlawed in schools, this wouldn't have happened.

What... uhuh... ohhhh... nevermind.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Prayers to the students and families. Kudos to the teacher.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Kudos to the heroes who, by rushing, tackling, and subduing this arse-hole, they stole his power, and prevented more killings, no doubt.

This is a wake-up, and a lesson learned, for too often, people cower and lay down, hoping to NOT get shot, and the effect is devastating, the shooter then walks amongst them, executing his victims at will, proven to NOT work out for the sheeple, who are indocrinated into a non-confronting display. They get killed.

Luby's, Columbine, VA. Tech, the air-liner hijackings,the list goes on, had people rushed in and displayed the proper response to these violent acts, many would have been spared.

I can only hope to have the fortitude to do the right thing if and when an encounter happens near me, as we don't know how we will react until the time comes, ( and I am NO bad-***, nor do I want to be ) I pray to have the bravery needed to prevent a similar attack on innocents.

The wake-up is to take action, not to let animals such as this to keep their stolen power from us, but to take control and regain that power, to end the encounter with extreme prejudice....

I am out........:cool:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wait!! Wait!! I got it! Let's ban schools! Yes, yes! If we ban schools then there will be no more school shootings. Just think all the money we can save since we don't have to pay the teachers or the district and we can sell all the school buildings! Since the gun-free zone has not worked in the schools lets just ban them. That solves the problem and saves a lot of money and in this economy any politician that can show cost savings is doing the right thing!

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    That's why I'm thankful that here in Indiana I can carry my gun in my car on school property while picking up or dropping off my kids. If some psycho opens fire I can return the favor.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That's why I'm thankful that here in Indiana I can carry my gun in my car on school property while picking up or dropping off my kids. If some psycho opens fire I can return the favor.

No worries some "crazy IN gunman" will just wait until you and all the other parents have left and attack during school resses when the kids are out on the playground and all the teachers are unarmed since we have gun-free zones just like they do.

So you are not going to be stopping any physco just when s/he does his attack.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    all the other parents have left and attack during school resses when the kids are out on the playground and all the teachers are unarmed since we have gun-free zones just like they do.

Correct, this is what happened when Patrick Purdy attacked the school in Stockton, California. He set fire to his car and then started shooting at the kids at recess with his pistol.

The teachers mistakenly thought that Purdy was shooting over the children and had the kids fall down prone. Purdy then walked up to them and shot them at muzzle contact with the carbine.

Top Bottom