School policies are getting out of control...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    COMMON SENSE AINT SO COMMON. I GO TO MY SONS SCHOOL OFTEN ONLY TO REALIZE THAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS ARE IN CHARGE OF PREPARING OUR KIDS FOR THE FUTURE!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There are at least two other threads about this, and it turns out that the mother is not a credible source of information. This is not the first time she's made up stories like this.

According to the school, the boy received a two-hour in-school suspension for throwing rocks at other students.

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Some of us have actually started calling it "rare sense"

I like that, think I'm gonna have jump on that band wagon.

It's the most ridiculous thing ever. Kids are kids. I'm surely glad I grew up when I did, before all this 0 tolerance stupidity kicked in. I actually feel bad for kids today that have to deal with rules like this.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    My mother worked in her town school district as nurse for over 30 years, I've have seen first hand the degradation of these school districts. They are now mostly bureaucracy and power games within the schools, between the teachers, and spreadsheet maintenance. Lastly comes the education! There are teachers that care, but they are usually beaten down by the administration, weeded out, or depressed from years of reprimands for "doing the right thing". The whole system is SO scared of lawsuits and angered parents, while at the same time trying to be so PC to a level of not making a single person even offended slightly. Common sense really has become a "rarity", I too will be calling it rare sense.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Speaking of stupidity...

I have heard that Tri-West has a policy that students are not allowed to fight back until they've been hit 5 times. At that point, they can fight back without being suspended or expelled.

Last edited:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    5! 4! 3! 2! .......

..... 1! and ZERO ~! here come the Arithmetic whiz from HELL! Where went the days when a guy didn't look UP when a girl in a skirt was above him on the monkey-bars ?? And holding doors open for females?
    Speaking of stupidity...

I have heard that Tri-West has a policy that students are not allowed to fight back until they've been hit 5 times. At that point, they can fight back without being suspended to expelled.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just more liberal policies to make out children panzees. Its simple, make men into women, make the kids as dumb as possible, they will be gov't supported for life and life time democrat voters. Its no simpler than that. Its not crazy, this is how they do it, this is how its done time after time throughout history, the liberals always gain control in these fundamental ways. Nothing new here, just really sad its americas turn to become filth.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Speaking of stupidity...

I have heard that Tri-West has a policy that students are not allowed to fight back until they've been hit 5 times. At that point, they can fight back without being suspended or expelled.

In zionsville the kids are not allowed to fight back at all. They just have to sit and take the beating. Happened to a kid in the middle school - he fought back and was expelled.

Hell in zionsville the kids are not allowed to run on the playground. Yup - you read that right - they can't run during recess lest they fall and get hurt and the school gets sued

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just more liberal policies to make out children panzees. Its simple, make men into women, make the kids as dumb as possible, they will be gov't supported for life and life time democrat voters. Its no simpler than that. Its not crazy, this is how they do it, this is how its done time after time throughout history, the liberals always gain control in these fundamental ways. Nothing new here, just really sad its americas turn to become filth.

Except for the comment about liberals, which has no historical basis in fact, everything else is spot on. Education by the government has always been about raising conformity to the highest levels of sacred beliefs.

Even the Greek/Roman systems of education so highly valued in some circles, were singularly focused on creating good citizens.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Speaking of stupidity...

I have been in a few fights that didn't even go 5 punches before major damage was done. I would tel my kid to ignore any rules in regards to self defense. In fact I did do that when she was young but we had no standing 5 count rule back then.

Sounds like the day I learned the definition of pacifist. My friend had the crap being beaten out of him by a guy who wanted to fight me but no way I was going to fight him. I knew I would destroy him and then his deranged older brother would kill me.

Blood was all over the snow and I could not take it any more so I jumped in and beat the hell out of the aggressor. Then I asked my friend why he took that beating like that (at this school you did NOT do that) he said he was a pacifist. WTF?

I went home and asked my Mom what is a pacifist. Jimmy says he is one. Mom told me what it meant. It made no sense to me. She just looked at me and said "Jimmy's Mom has never been right since his Dad's last tour in Vietnam so now they are all pacifists."

For the next two weeks I spent every day trying to get home after school without having the crap beat out of me by the crazed older brother. I failed a number of times. The only solution was to get up each time and tell him "tomorrow I am going to beat the crap out of your Brother again. He started it."

I am pretty sure this is why I don't like Amish either. It is not natural to be a willing victim and in the end others get hurt defending your ideals.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom