• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    my old man gave me an M1 carbine for christmas (hugely awesome move btw) and i'm chasing down the history on it.

i have figured out already that it was an Inland made in early-mid 44. the stock is in good condition but looks like it was soaked in some kind of oil, which i hope to bring out with some sort of heat.
    the grip shows some wear but not excessive.
    the receiver has some pitting and the barrel exterior less so, but does show some wear. barrel interior... well the bore itself looks like its almost never been fired unless thats one hell of a stout bore. rifleing seems... shallow but i'm unsure if thats typical. might just be my imagination. barrel is stamped BLUE SKY/ARLINGTON VA
    the bolt itself shows quite a bit of wear but the bolt face.. not very much at all. extractor shows decent wear. charging handle looks almost brand new and stamped with DA-Q. bolt stamped EM-Q
    trigger housing shows lots of wear. pitting and a lot of functioning wear marks. stamped BE-B. hammer is almost slightly concave due to wear. hammer stamped GM B.

can anyone help me with the history on this here, and some tips on restoring it?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have a Blue Sky import as well. Great shooting rifle, no real kick. Yes, they were given to the Korean government when we pulled out. Since they were no longer US property, when the Korean government was getting rid of them, they had to be imported in to the US just like any other foreign made weapon. Even Korean import carbines in decent shape are going for $400-$500. You got a great gift.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom