• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So, I still have yet to get into reloading, likely waiting until we buy a house and have a garage setup. As for now, more searching... I think I've decided I want to start out with a single stage press and load very slowly, one thing at a time, until I'm a few K rounds in, then move up to progressive.

That being said, I have 3 Lee dies for 9mm and 3 Lee dies for .38 special. Am I stuck with a Lee single stage press as my only option? Is there a standard threading that most presses use and can take any dies, and if so, which presses can accept this threading?

Sarrsipius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    North side of Indy
    So, I still have yet to get into reloading, likely waiting until we buy a house and have a garage setup. As for now, more searching... I think I've decided I want to start out with a single stage press and load very slowly, one thing at a time, until I'm a few K rounds in, then move up to progressive.

That being said, I have 3 Lee dies for 9mm and 3 Lee dies for .38 special. Am I stuck with a Lee single stage press as my only option? Is there a standard threading that most presses use and can take any dies, and if so, which presses can accept this threading?

I too am doing research and have not yet purchased anything. I was thinking along the same lines as you but then decided to jump right in with the progressive press because you can still load 1 round (just load one case and go through each station) at a time when you first start out and just go really slow. Then no upgrade costs when you're ready to go to full progressive.

Based on what I've read you can use the Lee Die's in most presses.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Die Size??

Literally all dies produced in the last 20-30 years are of a standard thread (7/8" X 14).
    In essence all dies will fit most all presses.

There are (High $) speciality dies and presses, but they are few+far between.

So yes, your Lee dies will fit most any press...Bill.

Top Bottom