• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hop Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Oregon
    Thanks everyone! looks like I will be spending some research time with your references. I agree I will need more than .223 for Cascade Elk.

Hop Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Oregon
    I shouldered a bushmaster .308 today. I liked it but not sure if I like having to stay with one brand. That would be the answer to all my wishes if the RRA, DPMS, and Bushy were not proprietary. But they are so my search continues....

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    A few more questions:
    1) what would be the best twist 1/7 or 1/9?
    1/9 because it stabalizes a wider range of bullets light to heavy. 1/7 is for heavier rounds and with heavier rounds they are more accurate at longer distances.
    2) chrome lined or not on the barrel?
    Its up to you on that one also. What can you afford and go from there. Chrome lined is suppose to last longer, non chrome lined is supposidly more accurate. The chromemoly and stainless barrels I have are awesome.
    3) would a light barrel be sufficient or should I go heavier.
    Neither. Light weight barrels heat up faster when shooting zombies and lose accuracy. Heavy weight barrels suck ass to carry around. Standard M4 barrels are in the middle of the road because they are a better option.[/QUOTE]

Go read m4carbine.net for about two weeks. This guy above is an idiot.

1/7. You can shoot heavier rounds, and it stabelizes 55 and 62, which ate the plentiful, surplus weights.

Chrome lined lasts longer. You carbine is not some dedicated bolt gun, take the supposed accuracy hit for the durability.

Light weight profile, .625od barrels have no substantial accuracy loss under normal usage. It's not a machine gun, and you won't be shooting it like one. If you do need a machine gun, buy one..

..just don't listen to that guy.

Light weight, chrome lined, for f sake 1/7 twist. I like BCM uppers, or colt complete.

Top Bottom