• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Currently, I carry a Glock 19. I also have a Glock 21. Yesterday, I was able to shoot a M&P .45. Now, I've been able to shoot my Glock 19 fairly well, but do need some more practice and training. But, amazingly, I shot the hell out of that M&P. I did very good. And it felt so good in my hand.
    Being a fan of Glocks, you can imagine my new found admiration in this M&P.

So, obviously, I'm wanting to look more into the M&P series. I've recently found out you can get them with and without a safety. I didn't know this.

Guys, I need some help. School me, teach me. I want to know what you know about the M&P. I'm interested in either a 9mm or a .45. If I find out that I really like this, I may just part with my Glock 21 for a M&P .45. Or save up the money for either the .45 or 9mm. But that's down the road a little. For now, teach me. Remember, I'd be going from a Glock to the M&P.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I have a M&P .40 with 4.25" barrel. Absolutely love the thing. I added a hogue wrap arround grip which gave it a better feel. If I were you, look at the 5" pro series. I shoot federal 180gr.(walmart special) and the gun just eats it up. The gun is accurate and holds a nice pattern at 25yds. I have not had the pleasure of shooting the m&p .45 yet, but if it shoots as good as the .40 then its worth the money. Also I bought an extra mag. at Elmores in greenwood for $35 and gander mountain had them for $59.99. Plus stormlakebarrels.com has aftermarket barrels for the M&P and smith-wessonmp.com if there are any other goodies you may want for it.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I had a Glock 19 as well and switched over to an M&P 9mm with a 4.25" barrel. I've added night sights and the apex DCAEK to mine. Haven't shot the .45 but have shot the pro and the trigger on the 4.25" is pretty much the same as the pro when you add the parts from APEX Tactical. Go ahead and pick one up - I agree with ISHOOTHST's that you won't regret it. It's a great firearm.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i have a 9 pro seris. it a 5" with a ligther trigger. but i have the apex sear in it. it is freaking awesome. total worth it. shoots great groups. with the changable back strap it can be fitted to many size hands. and there are many aftermarket companies that make backstrap for even more customizing.( finally 300 now a marksmen.)

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I have had my M&P 9mm about six months now. Trigger was gritty, so I put Apex sear and striker block and WOW what a difference. SMOOTH!!

Shoots better everytime I shoot it. Very comfortable and got a great holster from Blade tech with the Smith and Wesson M&P logo molded right in. Love it.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have both M&Ps and Glocks and I shoot the M&Ps much better. I like the trigger on the M&P better. When I bought my first one, there were not many accessories available as there were for Glocks, but that seems to have improved quite a bit. One other plus about the M&P is that if you buy a new one, it has a lifetime warranty.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Get em all.

I have all three 9mm, .40 S&W and 45. I love them all. They shoot great and have not had a problem with over 1000 rounds through all three combined. The only con would be the reset, I like the distinct click from my Glocks and Springfields. You will not regret your purchase and you get $50 or two mags free if you act quick.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The M&P's are great guns. It's, the only striker fired handgun, I would personally own. My Father owns three. A 9mm pro 40 and 40c. If you are interested in one. I personally, would get a model, without the magazine disconnect.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have a 9, 9c, a 40 that I had tuned, and a 45. All great. I also own Glocks, an HK, Sigs, a PX4, XDs, and I shoot the M&Ps better than any other polymer frame gun I own. Except maybe my Kimber BPten.

ShooterG53

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have an M & P 9mm with factory installed Trijicon night sights.Purchased from TSG a few months ago and I love it!It feels better in my hands and is easier to shoot than my Glock 21.Also seems to shoot better groups.I say thumbs up on getting one!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Lovemachine, I have the .45, the 9c and the 9pro. If you wanna meet me over at MCFG sometime, I'll let you take em all for a test drive.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The M&P History:
    The Smith & Wesson M&P (Military & Police) has always been a highly respected revolver from its introduction to today. Introduced in 1899, it became the standard by which every other medium-frame double-action revolver would be judged--as well as serving as the launching platform for one of the most influential handgun cartridges in history: the .38 S&W Special. The popularity of the M&P (aka Model 10) revolver grew so quickly that it was the most widely used police revolver in the free world. In fact, the Model 10 and M&P revolver variants have seen the longest uninterrupted run of any handgun in history, as it is still in production today.

The M&P line grew into a new brand of semi-auto handguns in 2006, and has become the biggest product launch in S&W's history. The company has been producing semi-auto handguns for more than 60 years, but it was not until 2006 that Smith & Wesson would roll out a semi-auto worthy of the M&P logo. Before embarking on the process of building a new pistol, S&W personnel conducted extensive interviews of law enforcement and military agencies, competitive shooters, and civilian gun owners. The information enabled engineers to include a number of features these varied groups thought were desirable. If you are going to build the finest modern tactical pistol, it is a good idea to get input of those who will use it.

The NEW M&P semi-auto really is a worthy heir to the brand's name and reputation.

Smith & Wesson 2009 SEC Filing quote:
    While we did see declines in certain pistol products, we also saw growth in other key areas, such as Walther products, tactical rifles and our premium products. Law-enforcement sales grew by 32% over the prior year. Our M&P pistols continue to win at a rate of over 80%, and our M&P tactical rifles win at a rate of over 90% when we compete for police and security agency business.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    The M&P is a great gun out of the box, and there is a lot that you can do to make it better. I was never a big fan of the Glock trigger, as it always tore up the tip of my finger. The M&P is just a lot more comfortable for me. As others have mention the Apex upgrades make a world of difference. With 17+1 in the 9mm, the M&P is now my EDC.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom