• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Not so amigo. Every public school system in Marion County has full time security personnel and are more than willing to discuss security issues. I used to attend a monthly meeting of school security personnel. When I retired, the 3rd largest police department in the county was the Indpls Public School PD. Pike Township Schools may have been the 4th.

Ok, MY school system is not willing to discuss security issues. I have to be careful to not poke my head up too far, as my experiences (in multiple districts) those heads get squashed. Ever play Whack-a-mole?

I have offered many times to discuss security and steps to fix it to many people in my chain of authority. Goes nowhere. Open to suggestions.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It appears the Lafayette school board has revised their firearms policy to reflect current(as of July 1, 2014 indiana code). To access the school board's site, go to lac.k12.in.us. From there, scroll down to "updated online access to school board meeting information." Next, go to lac school board notices, agendas, and minutes. Click on the Monday, July21, 2014 regular school board meeting agenda packet. Look at item 6 A possessing firearms on school property.
    Uh…

You mean lsc.k12.in.us, for the Lafayette School Corporation?

LSC School Board Notices, Agendas, and Minutes

Monday, July 21, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Notice

There's only one item, and it doesn't reference firearms.

OTOH:

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Agenda Packet

Item 6A) Second Reading of Proposed Board Policy on Possessing Firearms on School Property
    Possessing Firearms on School Property Policy

explicitly references the language of the new IC 35-47-9-1:

No school employee, except those specifically identified in this policy, may possess a firearm in a school building or on school property while on duty as a school employee unless the firearm is locked in the trunk of the employee’s vehicle, kept in the glove compartment of the employee’s locked vehicle or stored out of plain sight in the employee’s locked vehicle, except as otherwise authorized by the board. No school employee, except those specifically identified in this policy, may possess a firearm in a school building or on school property while on duty as a school employee unless the firearm is locked in the trunk of the employee’s vehicle, kept in the glove compartment of the employee’s locked vehicle or stored out of plain sight in the employee’s locked vehicle, except as otherwise authorized by the board.
    Emphasis mine.

If that language was always there, the OP linked article sounds like just another case of the MSM having its journalistic head stuffed up its plummetting readership in regards to getting the facts out cogently.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom