• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Halloween is on it's way. It's gotten me in the mood to be scared. I've never really seen a movie that's scared me. For once, I want to watch a movie that's going to scare the **** outta me.

So. What scary movies have you seen that's scared you like that. I'm talking about some real horrified movies here.

What are your favorites?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Movies don't scare me... 'cuz they're movies. That, and because Hollywood has substituted "gory" for "frightening" just like they've substituted "vulgarity" for "funny". :dunno:

That said, parts of Fire in the Sky absolutely creeped the **** outta me for some reason. I won't watch it again.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    JAWS is still the scariest movie to me. I know by todays standards it's tame but I recall sitting in the front row of the Arlington Theater watching it when it first came out and it scared the Bejebus out of me! That would be a horrific way to die IMO. :nailbite:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I never got into the whole "Halloween" movie stuff. Most were just gross to be gross.

A couple that HAVE spooked me, even though they are not rally "scary movies":
    Signs - Signs (2002) - IMDb (the alien walking through the news footage freaked me out)
    Se7en - Se7en (1995) - IMDb (saw it with my wife, and the ending was WRONG on so many levels)

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The neighbor kids and I watched "The Silence of the Lambs" on HBO back in the 90's when it came out. It freaked us out. Movies like that which could be real are thrillers to me.

I was just telling someone last night at work how they don't make scarey movies anymore. I'm over all the gore and crap.

The Silence of the Lambs
    Red Dragon
    Candyman 2
    Vacancy

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    7 was a good movie. I LOVED silence of the lambs. I forgot all about Signs. That was a good one.
    I even liked paranormal activity.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    While not "scary" as in a traditional slasher/splatter horror flick, I saw a very disturbing film about a month ago. It is available on NetFlix instant if anyone does that...

"Silly Games". It is an Austrian film with English subtitles, and it is so realistically well done that I did not want to continue watching it because it really plucked my strings of fear for my family. It is a masterpiece, though.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The first Alien movie. You always knew something was going to happen, but not when. Now there's a movie that should have been in 3-D.

Top Bottom