• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    While not classified as a "horror" movie the scariest movie I ever saw was Fire in the Sky. I saw it when I was 8 and it scared the poo out of me. I was creeped out to be outside at night for a while. The aliens were ruthless. Honestly I was going through alot of trauma at that time in my life so the movie and real life just did it for me.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Poltergeist had me paranoid of trees until I was in my 20's... Still get a ill uneasy walking to my tree stand in the mornings...
    Jaws had me paranoid to swim in any body of water solo, pools and fresh water ponds included, until I was also in my 20's!

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Friday the 13th. The scene Where he is eating the faces of a pizza, and the one where he was a snake eating ppl. Gave me nightmares at age 6 or so.

Other movies had creepy scenes. The ring was creepy but not scary. The hostle as well.

My problem is I figure out how every movie I watch will go within the first 20 mins.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    On Golden Pond… the subtle sadistic nuances coupled with the horrific plot twist crescendos into a movie that will make you crap 1980's old dog poop white.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Last night I started to watch the Lords of Salem by Rob Zombie, that was gettin pretty good before my Dvd player crapped out.

bkeesler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Even though it's so old and you would think would be played out by now, still the Exorcist. I won't watch it alone. Also, the first time I watch Paranormal Activity I was by myself in a dark B Hut in Afghanistan with headphones one so it made it a bit more intense. Really creeped out after that one.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    When I was a kid, the "Faces of Death" series scared me half to death.
    But that is real video of gory stuff that can be seen all over the internet these days.
    I like psychological thrillers along the lines of "Cube" and "Blair Witch Project".
    As an adult with a young daughter...the movies that now have me wringing my hands
    are movies like "The Lovely Bones". Now that's a scary movie.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Even though it's so old and you would think would be played out by now, still the Exorcist. I won't watch it alone. Also, the first time I watch Paranormal Activity I was by myself in a dark B Hut in Afghanistan with headphones one so it made it a bit more intense. Really creeped out after that one.

It is funny the effect surround sound has on the cats. I like to watch the spook flicks in total darkness (ok, the room lit by the SG Tab2 while on INGO) and usually have a cat on my lap and the other one nearby. It gets my full attention when, in unison, they pop their heads up and with ears forward peer down the dark hall behind me for an uncomfortably long duration. Even if I am certain they are reacting to the sounds from the movie, I have to go look. Funny...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The Japanese film Audition, hands down. Horrifying, shocking, disturbing, just plain wrong on all levels. Watching this film was NOT an enjoyable experience and I DO NOT recommend it. I will likely NEVER watch a Japanese film again.

My buddies and me watched Alien and Aliens on laserdisk, kinda like a giant CD for the INGO youngsters, when we were 14ish. There were 6 of us huddled on the couch screaming like little girls.

I have let my teenaged kids watch a good dose of the slashers flicks. My son is a big wuss, he'll sleep with his baseball bat for weeks after just watching Halloween. Daughter just laughs them off. When my wife questioned my parenting skills for letting the children watch such movies, I told her that the late 70's through 80's slasher flicks teach a valuable moral lesson; teens who drink beer, smoke pot, and have sex all die. The good kids, who babysit or otherwise protect others live.:D

What currently pass for horror or thrillers don't do much for me. Here are a couple oldies that I watched recently and liked a lot...
    -Night of the Hunter, Robert Mitchum was a scary mo-fo
    -Wait Until Dark, Alan Arkin plays a great psycho and why won't Audrey Hepburn lock that damn door?

Top Bottom