• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I went to the Hard Rock Cafe last night after the Tea Party Rally. (After the rally I went back to my car and got my XDSC40). I went sat at the table and took off my sweat shirt and 3 brits one an Irishman asked me about my firearm and if it was legal. I told them that I had a permit to carry a handgun. They asked about the process of getting a permit, where I could carry and out of state carry. They were very nice and we talked about England and some of the places I visited while I was overthere. They said their trip home had been delayed because of the volcano in Iceland.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I went to the Hard Rock Cafe last night after the Tea Party Rally. (After the rally I went back to my car and got my XDSC40). I went sat at the table and took off my sweat shirt and 3 brits one an Irishman asked me about my firearm and if it was legal. I told them that I had a permit to carry a handgun. They asked about the process of getting a permit, where I could carry and out of state carry. They were very nice and we talked about England and some of the places I visited while I was overthere. They said their trip home had been delayed because of the volcano in Iceland.
    If you got it from Indiana, it is a license. No biggie though. Sounds like you were able to educate them about the process. Why weren't you carrying at the rally?

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    That's something you don't see everyday, an Irishman willing to sit with an Englishman.

How did you scare them, it doesn't say in your OP.
    There were three of them one woman and two men. The older man was Irish. They maybe family but not sure. Anyway they do not see that in the UK. The woman's eyes were about to pop out of her head when she saw my XD. I could tell they were a little nervous by the tone of voice at first.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I have no sympathy for them - they let it get that way.

Once THE most powerful nation on Earth - now reduced to having the tips of their knives blunted and not allowed to even own shotguns.

They LET that happen - the formerly-great British of formerly-great Britain.

Britannia's best days are long behind her now for that very reason.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    This is just great! Brits asking about how to carry here in the U.S. The next thing you know they'll be trying to OC while drinking coffee in Broad Ripple. What is the world coming to?:D

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Heck, why'd you leave your gun in your car?! I was there, too, but my guns were ON me, though.
    Good for you on educating those from across the pond about our freedom!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Kinda makes me wonder what my grandmother would think of me carrying(she's from England). It weirds out my mom and sister enough.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I have no sympathy for them - they let it get that way.

Once THE most powerful nation on Earth - now reduced to having the tips of their knives blunted and not allowed to even own shotguns.

Don't be too quick to judge. The same could be said for us letting our liberty and our rights slip away. Do you think that 150 years ago it was necessary to obtain a license to carry your handgun in Indiana?

No one raised a rebellion when Congess passed the "assault weapons ban". Imagine if that legislation would have been permanent instead of having the 10 year "sunset" clause.

The British were stripped of their rights through incrementalism, with Parliament passing one "reasonable" law at a time until there was nothing left to take. If we are not vigilant, and if we are willing to compromise in the name of "being reasonable", we will lose our liberty just as surely as the British lost theirs.

Top Bottom