• Status
    Not open for further replies.

emtwallacewife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Hi
    My name is Julia and I know I'm not a Hoosier, but our gun rights are very dear to me and I work hard to ensure them. I am a co-admin for a Gun Rights page on Facebook. I came across your group in a search on the reversal on the Arms Treaty. A little about me... I am a stay at home mother of twins, my husband is a retired EMT/Firefighter and we are both second amendment advocates. We along with our daughters are life members of the NRA and members of our local Firearms Owners Against Crime group. We do a great deal of letter writing to our elected political officials. I am always research information for the furthering fight on keeping our second amendment right and first freedom. If anyone has information to pass along for my research and letter writing, it is always welcome.

Keep fighting the good fight!
    "From my cold dead hands" Mr. Charlton Heston

Splagt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Julia:
    I'm a transplant from Pennsylvania to Indiana about eleven years ago. The gun laws in Pennsylvania as remember them used to be reasonable, but unfortunately, they are no longer. Indiana still has a great deal of freedom for firearms owners, and I hope we can maintain the current laws.

As long as Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are unable to control their crime problems, I'm afraid more onerous laws will be forthcomong from the Democratic electorate.

Keep up the fight and good luck.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome Julia. You will find we are a great group of Gun Owners from across the Nation so you being with us makes us even better. Like all members of a big family, you may see us bicker a little from time to time, but when it counts - we stand united.

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    WELCOME

Hello from Covington! Welcome to the :ingo:. It is an HONOR to have you and your family with us.
    :patriot: :draw::draw:

emtwallacewife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Splagt,
    Actually the laws here are still very reasonable... I am originally from Ohio. I moved to PA about 4 years ago to because my hubsand wouldn't move to Ohio (and truly I don't blame him there). PA currently has a lot of possitive legislation in the works it is just the Governor that likes to hold things up. I live north of Pittsburgh and I understand what you are saying about their crime issues. Even worse the Mayor of Pittsburgh belongs to Mayor Bloomburg's group! The upside is the Governor isn't running again (thank God for answered prayers!) but finding a good conservative candidate is proving difficult. Thanks for the info on Indiana... we will add that to out list of possibilities when we look to move in the next year or so... right now that list includes Texas, Montana, North Carolina, and Kentucky... All states with good gun laws. Only time will tell.

Just a few of my favorite quotes:
    "From my cold dead hands." Charlton Heston
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property" Thomas Paine
    "That the People have a right to keep and bear Arms, that a well regulated Militia, composed of the Body of the People, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe Defence of a free state." George Mason

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom