• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Finally, the weather patterns have cooperated with the opening of turkey season and made for great response to decoys and calls. For as miserable as last season was, this one has been a blast. Six birds down by Thursday @ 7:30am, on par with 2009 when we took 16 by Saturday noon.

I took my turn at the trigger this morning but had to trade the bow release for the 10ga when my cameraman didn't show up. I went to a new place for the first time, unhunted and unscouted, but I felt confident in my approach. They were gobbling in every direction and finally this guy showed up around 7:12am. Regretting not having my bow along, and knowing I could have the opportunity to kill half a dozen by noon, I was very hesitant to pull the trigger. He courted one of my hens for several minutes before mounting her, knocking her down and eventually breeding her repeatedly. I took pictures until he calmed down and remained perched on the decoy... gathered my things and packed my bag... and slipped the barrel out the window.

AStrutting_zps7838f9a7.jpg

Breeding1_zpse77a0326.jpg

Breeding5_zps8681eb47.jpg

Breeding4_zps9f94ace6.jpg

Breeding3_zpsd577bbdb.jpg

As they say.... say it with flowers! (I saw the wad bounce straight up off his head upon impact)
    Dead1_zps9de27dce.jpg

Dead4_zpsb2f76bc2.jpg

Dead5_zpsfd2994f2.jpg

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Man, you think you're going to get lucky, then realize it's palstic right before getting shot. :):

Hats off to you sir, nice bird indeed.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Don't they call that being a "bird block" or something like that?

I once let a young buck go in the Michigan UP because he was on a hot date and about to get lucky. I just can't bring myself to ruin another guys happy day.

Top Bottom