• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    I went out this morning and shot my Glock 26 and M&P fs 9m. I'm someone that owns both and loves both equally. Is that against the rules?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Nope, To be honest I've shot both, and I'm not good enough with a pistol to tell the difference. I don't notice "x pistol feels better" or "Y pistol is more accurate". I stick with Glock because I have 10-15 mags, and don't want to buy MP mags.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Smith & Wesson managed to do something I didn't think was possible with the M&P line. To make a polymer pistol with a worse factory trigger than a Gen 2 Glock. It is truly an amazing feat of engineering.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I tried very hard to love the Glock platform, but just never could. I have been on the M&P bandwagon since they first came to market, and I have never regretted selling my Glocks.

I find the two platforms to be quite different and would have a hard time switching back and forth between them.

My most beloved Poly...
    Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I have to admit, I like both platforms a lot but rotating back and forth between full size Glock's and full size M&P's, I kept going back to the M&P series.

It's nothing against Glock, but the grip angle just always threw me off when it came to shooting my M&P... and when it came down to it, for me, I shot the M&P more consistently accurate.

Now I happily carry my full size M&P40 Pro Series C.O.R.E and could not be happier in any way. :rockwoot:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I've been a hard core Glock fan for over 20 years, but I've been having a little love affair with a Sig 220 for the last few months.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I like my G17 because its a little cheaper to own (MSRP, mags, upgrades) than an M&P. My boss Has an M&P FS 9mm and its shoots well, but I'm not a fan of the trigger. the ergonomics are okay, but the G17 fits my hand better. Now I'm not saying ones better than the other, but if i had the funds, I would have both just so that I could have choices. I may look into a M&P9c because I'm wanting a compact double stack 9mm, but im not removing the G26 from my list or the Ruger SR9c.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Smith & Wesson managed to do something I didn't think was possible with the M&P line. To make a polymer pistol with a worse factory trigger than a Gen 2 Glock. It is truly an amazing feat of engineering.

Agreed. I can't feel the reset on a stock M&P at all. Mudcat did a trigger job on his and he said it improved it significantly.

I've shot Glocks, an M&P, and the XDm. They're all quality, reliable pistols. I found my NPOA most easily with the XDm so that's what I carry most of the time. Also, for a double action only trigger it has the best of the three for me.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

My wife compared the Glock 19 & 26 models against the S&W M&P9c...and ended up with a Springfield XDm 3.8 in 9mm....which she absolutely LOVES...and with which her accuracy has vastly improved! I have to say that, on paper, she can now punch pretty much all of her holes into an 8" circle at 25'! Yeah!

I have two (2) Gen 2 Glocks...a 19 and a 23...and their trigger is no different than a Gen 3 Glock...of which I have owned five (5)! I like the non-finger-bump frame way better! And may I add that the Gen 2 Glocks are the most accurate of all of the Glocks I've owned!

To each their own...everyone's different and if it works well for you...that's what it's all about!

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I had a G26 3rd Gen. I just couldnt get into it. I cant say it want accurate, or reliable. But for me, if I want a compact, it better be smaller than my Officers model 1911. My opinion, a Hi-power is just as easy to carry, has a FAR better trigger, and has a higher capacity, all while looking better, having more style, and being a bit more graceful.

I went to a Kahr MK-9 for compact 9mm duty, and havent looked back. If I were to try another Poly gun, the M&P is high on the list of possibilities, but Glock just doesn't do anything for me.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I would agree with most of the comments, so far. I have Glocks and have shot several M&Ps. Glocks have served me well and I am reasonably accurate with them and I like the triggers. M&P felt a little better in the hand but accuracy suffered due to the factory trigger. I never bought one because I wasn't willing to add the extra cash for the APEX trigger.

I say if you like both then keep and shoot both.

Niteman9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    Saline
    Agreed. I can't feel the reset on a stock M&P at all. Mudcat did a trigger job on his and he said it improved it significantly.

I've shot Glocks, an M&P, and the XDm. They're all quality, reliable pistols. I found my NPOA most easily with the XDm so that's what I carry most of the time. Also, for a double action only trigger it has the best of the three for me.

I have a FS M&P 9 which was built this year. The reset on the new production is very good. And Doug at ATEi in Taylor Michigan does amazing things the the triggers.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    As long as you get the APEX kit the M&P is IMHO one of the best polymer pistols out there. Now straight out of the box the walther PPQ is flat out amazing.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    I had a G26 3rd Gen. I just couldnt get into it. I cant say it want accurate, or reliable. But for me, if I want a compact, it better be smaller than my Officers model 1911. My opinion, a Hi-power is just as easy to carry, has a FAR better trigger, and has a higher capacity, all while looking better, having more style, and being a bit more graceful.

I went to a Kahr MK-9 for compact 9mm duty, and havent looked back. If I were to try another Poly gun, the M&P is high on the list of possibilities, but Glock just doesn't do anything for me.

I currently have the M&P9C and was looking at the Kahr MK-9. I like the fact that is is an all steel frame and from what I read it is truly a joy to shoot?

Top Bottom