• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    As a wildlife photographer the mink have become my nemesis. I have seen them numerous times, even had them run past my feet! Yet the only photo I have is one's butt as it ran away. AAARRRRRGH!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I haven't seen many weasels but I've seen a lot of mink including several pairs. I've caught a few doubles on mink.
    Mink will hunt a watershed up into the smallest tributaries, the little fingers and trickles. And they'll go all the way up a feeder then go overland to a completely different watershed. Talking a reasonable distance there.
    They hunt birds, mice, snakes, frogs, minnows and fish. You name it. In bigger water they spend a lot of time underwater cruising, catching fish and crawfish.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've seen a weasel before... when I was living near Bloomfield I left for work early one morning and it freaked me out. Freaked him out too because the way I came around the corner I had him backed into a corner. He tried pretty hard to scale a vertical wall to avoid me. I just gave him his distance and left him alone. I think we were both equally surprised to see one another...

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    dunno if they were mink orfischers but 2 years ago,found 2 babies 1 black 1 reddish brown less than a mile apart (road kill) and later that day seen a live one in the same area.here recently i caught a glimpse of one next to scales lake park .
    ive seen a little bit of every creature in my neck of the woods..eagles,hogs cats of different sizes copperheads....still waitng for bigfoot or a chupacabra though ;)

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    As a wildlife photographer the mink have become my nemesis. I have seen them numerous times, even had them run past my feet! Yet the only photo I have is one's butt as it ran away.

AAARRRRRGH!

These guys are quick..got a couple quick shots before he saw me and dove.
    Photographed at goose pond area in Linton.

picture.php

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I saw a live one today while sitting along Buck Creek in Hancock County. Came to within about 5 feet of me before it sensed me. That's the first live one I ever saw although I've seen road kill mink here west of Greenfield and also up by Geist in the old days (before development.)

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Some times I'm simply amazed at what I read on this site:dunno::dunno:

Guess there are those folks who are always bored and just want to ruin someone else's post by putting meaningless garbage on them.

Mink are everywhere in the state. I have caught them over a mile from any water source.
    They are not a water animal like the muskrat or beaver but they do hunt along creeks , streams and ditches and more often during winter when food source get slim

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I saw a black mink a couple of years ago. Definetely not a fisher. Thought it was a black squirrel at first until it came out into the open.

indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hunt not too far from Moorsville and have seen quite a few. Had one walk under my stand last year next to a creek. A couple years before I was doing some scouting and had a rabbit run up to me being chased by one. They came within 5 feet of me and didn't even notice I was there

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    There are plenty of mink about, check out the salt creek area near monroe. Mountain lions? Sure, I saw one right next to a unicorn.

Top Bottom