• ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Voted for you.

Scutter and I were in Cicero a couple of years ago and there was one flying above the water. Absolutely beautiful. We haven't seen one since.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    What in God's name is a "taradakto"??

Didn't you ever watch Pee Wee Herman? :D

Pterri-_-The-Pee-wee-Herman-Show.jpg

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I see them around attebury, Took this picture on the way back from deer hunting there, and entered it in the remming ton moment contest, here is a link to picture

I have entered and would appreciate any votes you all could send my way,you can vote once a day, thankyou
    here is a link to do that

Your Remington Moment Vote if you like it please vote for me, you can vote once a day. thanks I hope you all enjoy the picture

Also voted for you pitchure!
    Nice shot!

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    It was around the same time of year about 6 hrs ago and I was working when I noticed all of these birds hovering above. Not a lot of them, 13 to be exact
    But they are big so I noticed them. I would see one disappear for a few seconds then it reappear with a fish in it's talons. 13 bald eagles hunting at the effluent of a plant on the wabash because it was the only place on the river not frozen over. Awesome!

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Living on the Elkhart river between Elkhart and Bristol I see many (7-12) almost every day. Adults to youngsters. It has been reported to the DNR with very little care. I have taken pictures which the Elkhart Truth did publish. I thought it to be of some special interest to the DNR but it seemed not so. It's just not every day that one gets to see such a beautiful bird.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Lake Monroe, Whitewater river in Franklin County, Ohio River down by tell city, Sugar creek in Johnson County, are some of places I have seen them. They are making a nice comeback.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They are making a nice comeback.

Indeed they are. I believe that they are now no longer on the endangered species' list.

They are certainly majestic birds to those of us that don't see them all the time, every day, and in mass numbers.

Go talk to folks in Anchorage (and similar locations) and ask them how THEY feel about 'em. (They're viewed there as we view Turkey Vultures here)

-J-

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Indeed they are. I believe that they are now no longer on the endangered species' list.

They are certainly majestic birds to those of us that don't see them all the time, every day, and in mass numbers.

Go talk to folks in Anchorage (and similar locations) and ask them how THEY feel about 'em. (They're viewed there as we view Turkey Vultures here)

-J-

We took an Alaska land and boat tour a few years back. I was looking forwrad to seeing the wildlife. The first bald eagle we saw was sitting on a lighpost in Juneau. Not exactly how I imagined I would see my first bald eagle.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I saw one when I was working at the Muscatatuck Urban Training Center near Butlerville a couple of years ago. Apparently the full timers there said they see them all the time. It was an awe inspiring site as one flew about thirty feet away just at eye level. I was shocked to say the least. I also saw a nesting site down in Texas once with a pair of adults and three fledglings. Their nest was HUGE! the sticks it wa made up of were really big and long and at least as thick as your thumb!

I work there and see 1 of them at least every 2 weeks.This picture was at the reservoir on base..There are a lot of eagles around the seymour area.The muscatatuck wildlife refuge is a good place to see bald eagles and golden eagles
    1%20077.jpg

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I went to the Iditarod in Alaska 6 years in a row and was amazed at how many Alaskans despised this bird and wished our country would have sided with Ben Franklin and gone with the Turkey. They are viewed as little more than a scavenging nuisnace. Much like a previous poster said thought of as a vulture more than a bird of majesty.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The muscatatuck wildlife refuge is a good place to see bald eagles and golden eagles

Consider yourself VERY very fortunate to spot an actual Golden Eagle in Indiana!

The ones that are here are just kind of "snow birding" through the winter. And only a handful of them, at that!

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I saw a male bald eagle just yesterday in Spencer.

I could tell he was bald because he had all his feathers combed over the top of his head. :joke:

(Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.)

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Consider yourself VERY very fortunate to spot an actual Golden Eagle in Indiana!

The ones that are here are just kind of "snow birding" through the winter. And only a handful of them, at that!

-J-

It's not very often I see a golden eagle.Bald eagles thankfully are making a nice comeback around here

Here's my golden eagle from the Muscatatuck Wildlife Refuge
    edit2.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

bones77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    They are getting pretty common in the gas city park area Ha d a picture of it on the front page of the newspaper 3 different times

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    i've seen several and am always excited when i do. it is not often that you see such a commanding bird in flight or on guard of its nest.

places i suggest looking around this neck of the woods include goosepond FWA, muscatatuck, pine grove area of lake monroe, and downtown ellettsville.

yes, that's right, downtown. my wife saw one fly over 46 near jack's defeat creek and i saw one about two days ago over hartstrait road.

we located a couple of nests last summer by accident while kayaking near pine grove. we drifted in and watched them for quite some time. we got to within 100 yards of their nesting tree. we watched them and they watched us. kind of surreal to get that close and they just hold their ground... man i can't wait for spring.

Top Bottom