• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I was out with my BB gun yesterday, just messin around. All of the blackbirds were gathered in my neighbors trees in their back yard, I decided I would lob a few rounds at them from long distance with my red ryder.
    I scared up some birds and all of the sudden what looked like a taradakto started flapping it's wings, I was in an open area in my back yard and he came out of my neighbors tree and flew 15-20 above me with several black birds chaseing him.
    I was shocked, it was a full grown Bald Eagle. head and tail were white as the snow, I wouldn't have believed it if I had not seen him so closely and clearly. There was not a shadow of a dought in my mind, saw a million pictures but never in real life and at a close distance to boot.
    I can't get over it, I see coopers hawks and red tails all the time, there is a fox den across the street. Who would have ever thought that I would see a Bald Eagle in my own back yard.
    I live on the south edge of Mishawaka. I can't imagine that he is hanging around here, but I am going to keep my camera with me for a while just incase.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    thats pretty cool i saw one in person at monroe lake about 5 years we docked our boat and was going to eat lunch and i looked down on shore and seen a mess of crap, and looked up and right before my eyes there was a bald eagle very cool

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I've been seeing a LOT of big owls recently, in the middle of the day too. This is far more unusual or uncommon to me than eagles. We see a lot of bald and golden eagles. Most people don't even realize when they've seen a golden, but think they just saw another hawk....Now that I think about it, I saw a peregrine falcon in Indy about a week ago.

scosgrove

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    we see bald eagles with some regularity at Eagle Creek. One hit the water about 100 yards in front of our canoe last year. Amazing to see it carry off a small fish...

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    There are a few eagles living around White River in central IN. Supposedly they had a nest close to Mann and Southport Rd the last few yrs.

We usually see a couple throughout the duck hunting season. A couple years ago we had one swoop in and grab a duck decoy. He let go as soon as he grabbed it but it was still really neat. Too bad we didn't have a video camera with us

xjohndeerex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Morgan County
    There used to be a nest near Waverly, right on the White River, when I lived near there I used to go hiking down around the River alot and I used to see it quite frequently. But that was about 6-8 years ago, it could have moved up river to the Mann and Southport Rd area??

beclende

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    West of town
    I fish on a private lake sometimes and they have a nesting pair of bald eagles. It always makes my day when they come out to give us a closer look or when we see them come down and take a fish. Awesome birds!

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    thats pretty cool i saw one in person at monroe lake about 5 years we docked our boat and was going to eat lunch and i looked down on shore and seen a mess of crap, and looked up and right before my eyes there was a bald eagle very cool

You can still see them around Morris Creek on Lake Monroe. We go boating several times a month during the summer on Monroe and get to see them often.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    I spend alot of time fishing the St.Joe river in So.MI and IN and its becoming pretty common to see them.Its awesome watching them snag a 10lb. trout or salmon out of the river.A friend that lives on the river says there are over 80 bald eagles living on the banks of the St.Joe now.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    If we're one upping, when I was young up in nova scotia I saw 14 bald eagles in one tree large tree. Photos exist, but I'd rather not be believed than ask my mom to get out old family trip albums :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I saw one when I was working at the Muscatatuck Urban Training Center near Butlerville a couple of years ago. Apparently the full timers there said they see them all the time. It was an awe inspiring site as one flew about thirty feet away just at eye level. I was shocked to say the least. I also saw a nesting site down in Texas once with a pair of adults and three fledglings. Their nest was HUGE! the sticks it wa made up of were really big and long and at least as thick as your thumb!

Foxfire

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Seymour
    I've seen a pair a couple times on White river west of Seymour.
    Seen one or the other a couple times too.
    The last time this past spring.

The lady of house didn't like it that I spent couple hundred $ on a spotting till they were out one day. I could have spent 3x the $.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I've seen a few fly over me while on deer stand at Monroe. I saw one perched on a limb 30 feet from me, at Turkey run, while canoeing sugar creek. I've seen 8 at one time on the north bank of Wabash River, to the west of the one-lane bridge into Battleground....All sightings, very cool.

leveraction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    near camp atterbury
    I see them around attebury, Took this picture on the way back from deer hunting there, and entered it in the remming ton moment contest, here is a link to picture

I have entered and would appreciate any votes you all could send my way,you can vote once a day, thankyou
    here is a link to do that

Your Remington Moment Vote if you like it please vote for me, you can vote once a day. thanks I hope you all enjoy the picture

Last edited:
    Top Bottom