• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I see all these forums about people waiting for their ltch for 14 weeks plus, just save yourself the time file L-1, i did and it took 6 days from file to finish. It cost 11 extra dollars and saves months, dont be one of the unfortunate people waiting and waiting.....go the L-1 rout:twocents:

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OK bro I give, what is a L-1 and how is it filed.

I have no worries for waiting, my Lifetime LTCH is in my pocket. Others that read your posting may like to know more..

TK

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I see all these forums about people waiting for their ltch for 14 weeks plus, just save yourself the time file L-1, i did and it took 6 days from file to finish. It cost 11 extra dollars and saves months, dont be one of the unfortunate people waiting and waiting.....go the L-1 rout:twocents:
    Went through L-1 also and received my LTCH in 2 weeks, my dad didn't and took almost 3 months. IMO definitely worth the extra few bucks for the quick turn around.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I have no worries for waiting, my Lifetime LTCH is in my pocket. Others that read your posting may like to know more..

TK

L-1 Identity Solutions is a company contracted by several municipalities (including Indianapolis) to handle fingerprinting and background checks for your LTCH. At the time I filed for my lifetime a few years ago, L-1 was only available in a couple of cities.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill

TK
    well, when fileing online, there will b an option at the end of the app asking if you wold like to file using L1 service, click on that option and follow all the promps, you will set up an appointment right there online for an L1 service nearest to you, you can also pay for it right there online, super simple, go to your appt with L1 (took me less than 5 mins) then go to your local pd to finish the process, like i said, i filed mine on saturday, and received my permit the following fri, less than a week turn around!!:yesway:

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I used L1 on 6/28 and I'm still wating.
    wow, have u called? i would, # is 317-232-8264. listen to the recording then someone will pick up, give them your name and date of birth, they will tell u whats goin on, i have never had any kind of record at all, but i dont know if that has an relavence in this case:ingo:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    wow, have u called? i would, # is 317-232-8264. listen to the recording then someone will pick up, give them your name and date of birth, they will tell u whats goin on, i have never had any kind of record at all, but i dont know if that has an relavence in this case:ingo:
    I've never had any kind of coviction either

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.

My problem was that I did not find this forum until two weeks AFTER I applied. And even if I had I am not sure I would have spotted the thread as it is not like a neon sign up front trying to gain the newbies attention. After learning the error of my ways I did contact the ISP back in the first week of May to see if I could re-apply using L1 as has been done by others recently and was told that if I did that it would confuse the system with two apps under the same name and might delay my LTCH indefinitely! Obviously they have changed their tune about reapplying now, or the Sargent who advised me was misinformed himself at that time. In any case too late for me now as I am over fifteen weeks into the wait. I still think it would be nice if the ISP would EMPHASIZE L1 on their website,and maybe the powers that be here on INGO could do the same with a flashing sign or waving flag on the home page. :twocents: Rant out!

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    My problem was that I did not find this forum until two weeks AFTER I applied. And even if I had I am not sure I would have spotted the thread as it is not like a neon sign up front trying to gain the newbies attention. After learning the error of my ways I did contact the ISP back in the first week of May to see if I could re-apply using L1 as has been done by others recently and was told that if I did that it would confuse the system with two apps under the same name and might delay my LTCH indefinitely! Obviously they have changed their tune about reapplying now, or the Sargent who advised me was misinformed himself at that time. In any case too late for me now as I am over fifteen weeks into the wait. I still think it would be nice if the ISP would EMPHASIZE L1 on their website,and maybe the powers that be here on INGO could do the same with a flashing sign or waving flag on the home page. :twocents: Rant out!
    i did a refile 5 weeks after my paper app, or i would still b waitin:dunno:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    i did a refile 5 weeks after my paper app, or i would still b waitin:dunno:

I called yesterday 07/23 and Sgt Michaels said they have my application now so to reapply at this time would not accomplish anything. :rolleyes: :dunno: And I want to reemphasize that when I wanted to reapply using L1 eight weeks ago I was told by ISP that I could not.

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    I called yesterday 07/23 and Sgt Michaels said they have my application now so to reapply at this time would not accomplish anything. :rolleyes: :dunno: And I want to reemphasize that when I wanted to reapply using L1 eight weeks ago I was told by ISP that I could not.
    well, thats still good news, now that they have ur app, it wont b long.:ingo:

bcsd372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Columbus
    This is the first I've heard about L-1. Sounds like one more example where the private sector is more efficient than the government.

Last edited:

chrisheacock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    I think this only works for certain counties. In Morgan County, there didn't seem to be any option to use L-1, you just have to wait it out.

Top Bottom