• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    so I have a yhm phantom it is a thread on model. I am thinking about getting the savage precision carbine in 223 and obviously using my can on it.

if any one has that exact combo I would love to hear your thoughts on accuracy poi shift with without suppressor exc...

but I am also interested in the basic bolt gun suppressor combo. how do you site yours in? what is the best mounting? qd or thread on.
    I have been rolling the idea around of sending my can back to yhm to get it made qd but I have not broken down and sent it yet.

so suppressed bolt guys lets hear your thoughts. I want this to be a 1 moa gun and it to be repeatable removing and adding the can back on.

is that realistic?

thanks

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I can't comment on your specific combo but I have an SAS thread on .30 cal can I shoot on my 20" barreled .308 FNH PBR. I have several guns set up to use the same can, so it does not get left on there. It has been very repeatable as fat as POI shift. Screw it on, give it a little firm twist, and you're ready to go. I intended to use the .308 for coyotes, but never got around to it. E cause of that and the previous illegality of hunting with a suppressor, I had mine sighted in without the can, even though the majority of my range time was shot suppressed. Now that we are allowed to hunt with suppressors, I'll re sight it in with the suppressor mounted and call it good. It's been awhile, but if I remember correctly, my POI shift was only about 1.5" low at 100 yards. Best bet would be to sight it in however you plan on shooting it most, then shoot with/without the can and see where your POI is. Put a small piece of tape on the ocular bell of the scope, or on the cheek piece of the stock with a little note or diagram of your POI shift.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    ok cool thanks, i spent some time google'n it yesterday it seems like thread on is the way to go for accuracy. so i wont e sending mine back to yhm for the qd mod.

now to acually aquaire the savage... seems to be pretty slim picking on Gb right now. i think this could be a pretty cool set up really nice pleasent shooting and just keep it sighted with the can on it. i like the idea of marking the gun with the poi change for non suppressed use

Top Bottom