• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So what you are saying is that your too cheap to buy anything :spend: :lmfao:

well, yes. But that's beside the point. :): Actually I'm POOR!

I just didn't want it to go through then some sore loser idiot gets his panties in a wad over the legal technicality and ruins it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I used the random.org number in my drawing. No matter what ever you choose someone won't be happy. A lot of people don't so social media. So I'd probably not tie that in.

I like CM's ideal!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I understand the Social Media tie in. But I also see that a lot of folks my not be able to play along. That said, it is your game to set the rules. If one chooses not to be a part of the social media he/she has to forfeit when it is part of the game. FB etc is free so join or watch I guess.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I understand the Social Media tie in. But I also see that a lot of folks my not be able to play along. That said, it is your game to set the rules. If one chooses not to be a part of the social media he/she has to forfeit when it is part of the game. FB etc is free so join or watch I guess.

The social media tie in is a big exposure thing for the giver. When you "like" a page it shows to your friends depending on your settings. So I can see the reasoning in it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    We will launch the contest on Christmas. Any ideas on how to pick a winner?

I dunno but I'm starting to really like these guys!

... not going to whine about the social media.

Business owners can be nice guys, but they also rightfully expect some promotion from a giveaway."
    and if business owners get good exposure from the giveaways, then can do more :)

Edit: a 1911 is a nice prize and worth a litte effort.

How about entrants "promote" AGS on Facebook by doing 1 of these things:
    "Share" an AGS Facebook post and add a comment about the company
    OR link to an AGS product (on their website) on your Facebook page, maybe like saying why this would make a great Christmas gift?

Last edited:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

The social media tie in is a big exposure thing for the giver. When you "like" a page it shows to your friends depending on your settings. So I can see the reasoning in it.

Facebook is a lot of free advertising to the sponsor. So I can see that being a help to them. To me I am not a big FB fan but I can do a like to help them out. I think if someone is not on FB, they should do a "not fb".

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    A Schroeder Bauman 1911 is my Holy Grail gun, so I'd be up for a Thunderdome-type event if that's what it took. Or we can pick a number like CM suggested...whatever...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A Schroeder Bauman 1911 is my Holy Grail gun, so I'd be up for a Thunderdome-type event if that's what it took. Or we can pick a number like CM suggested...whatever...

Is that really a SB 1911.......Really. I need to wear my glasses.
    Did I say I would sell that gun.......:scratch:

:): I stand behind my original post, but knowing it is an SB will make it really hard.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Obviously not possible this year but if AGS or another vendor did a Toys for Tots deal in store for an entry? They would get tons of foot traffic AND fulfill a great cause. Maybe even some type of punch card with several vendors all sponsoring with a big giveaway. Something where you need to start and stop into at least a couple of places to turn in your completed entry? This one wouldn't even have to be at Christmas time. My guess is this is turning into a hit and will be back for next year ......

Top Bottom