• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A tool in anyone's hands. A hammer is a tool. Period. In a carpenters hands it is a constructive tool. In a murderer's hands it is a weapon. In my 5 year old's hands, it is a tool of destruction. In my hands it is a tool for smashing thumbs. Use does not change nature.

Incidentally, mammon, or mammonas in the Greek, is not money. It is treasure, or riches personified. Once you live your life for wealth, in other words, you have made an idol out of riches, thus personifying it in a sense. It is a more complicated term than just money.

I am aware of the more expansive meaning of mammon, although I cannot read greek. Was referencing more a tool in the hands of the devil and thus a snare for those who devote their lives to seeking it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I am aware of the more expansive meaning of mammon, although I cannot read greek. Was referencing more a tool in the hands of the devil and thus a snare for those who devote their lives to seeking it.

Well, in that, we agree. I'm sorry if I insulted your intelligence. A lot of people oversimplify that. I know I only learned that in the last few years.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    . . . and who gets to determine:

1. What race is owed something.
    2. What race owes them.
    3. What the races really are.
    4. What race you are.

1. Liberals make that call
    2. White guys
    3. Once again, liberals. (They even get to make up races when they need to. "White Hispanic" anybody?)
    4. If you're not white you get to self identify. If you are white, you have to check "Evil *******" on the standardized gov't form.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm still waiting for my apology letters from Genghis Khan, Attila the Hun, Erik the Red and the British Empire.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What percentage of whites even owned slaves? When I tried to look it up the number was so low that I was skeptical of its accuracy.

Heres a link to a displayed page for the 1860 census (just pre-Civil War), specifically counting slaves.

Slave Census

3,949,557 slave pop. out of total pop. of 31,134,666. ~12.7% or about 1 in 8

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Heres a link to a displayed page for the 1860 census (just pre-Civil War), specifically counting slaves.

Slave Census

3,949,557 slave pop. out of total pop. of 31,134,666. ~12.7% or about 1 in 8

No. He is wanting to know what % of whites owned slaves not the % of slaves in the population. 1.4% of the U.S. white population owned slaves -or- 4.8% of the southern white population owned slaves.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What percentage of whites even owned slaves? When I tried to look it up the number was so low that I was skeptical of its accuracy.

THIS is the quote I responded to. He thought the number he had seen was too low. While the report doesn't give THE number it can help one put sensible limits on the range of possible values

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    27,185,109 US white in population census. 1.4% of same = 380,592 slave owners (your numbers). 3,949,557 slaves/ 380,592 slave owners = ~ 10 1/3 slaves on average per owner. Then given that result, one asks oneself if the scale of that number seems sensible.

Top Bottom