• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Couldn't you just add a wash/rinse cycle after tumbling? Or throw them into a ultrasonic bath with distilled water to rinse the dust?

Some guys do that and "bake" the brass in their over on low to help dry them out. The only downside is that if you don't do that right, you end up with corroded brass that is no longer nice and shiney. :) Hence, a lot of folks are moving over to the wet SS tumbling followed by a dry cycle.

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    Corn cob and nu-finish is the way to go. I have been using corn cob for 30 years with Dillon polish. Nu-finish is better and cheaper.

Tomt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Thanks to all who have given their "recipes" for brass tumbling. Just finished my first tumbler load (Dillon) loaded with half walnut and half corncob with two capfuls of White Diamond liquid metal polish plus a half sheet of dryer softener for clothes. The brass was some range brass that had been in the weather for several weeks and was really nasty. Two hours in the Dillon and the stuff is mirror bright--new brass should look so good. The walnut and corncob media came from PetSmart. Thanks again for all the tips.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My unpolished brass shoots just as well as the shiny brass. I do wash my brass in simple green to take off the sizing lube. But that is all I do.

You guys have a lot of time on your hands?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My unpolished brass shoots just as well as the shiny brass. I do wash my brass in simple green to take off the sizing lube. But that is all I do.

You guys have a lot of time on your hands?

Nope...but the tumbler can run unattended. I find it easier to find cracks in case necks and bases on bright cases than dull, but that is just me. Plus, I think I'm just wired that way. I clean my guns, I clean my brass, I clean my car...just something about dull brass that makes me have a twitch.

I will agree with you...clean brass won't outshoot dull brass, so really just a matter of personal preference.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom