• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I didn't know he was still around. I loved watching his show when I was a young pup. We were talking about him a few weeks back at work......only us "old" guys new who he was.

:(

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    R.I.P. Sammy Terry. We had a Grandfather clock that always seemed to chime at just the right time when he was talking between commercials. Made us jump every time.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    We were just talking about him Saturday. My daughters wedding was as the mansion that was owned by the founder of channel four, in Bloomington. We were talking about the old channel four shows. Sammy Terry, Cowboy Bob, Janie, etc.

Mr. carter and his wife owned a music shop, and actually taught us to play the "flute-a-phone" (some schools had "recorders") in second grade. We talked him in to doing his famous creepy laugh. All the kids loved him!

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    We were just talking about him Saturday. My daughters wedding was as the mansion that was owned by the founder of channel four, in Bloomington. We were talking about the old channel four shows. Sammy Terry, Cowboy Bob, Janie, etc.

Mr. carter and his wife owned a music shop, and actually taught us to play the "flute-a-phone" (some schools had "recorders") in second grade. We talked him in to doing his famous creepy laugh. All the kids loved him!

Funny you mention Cowboy Bob. I used to live close to him when I was a teen. I was riding my bike on a country road in Martinsville one day and here he comes barreling down the road in his brown sports car. Cowboy Bob ran me off the road into a ditch, I kid you not.

Cowboy bob always looked like he could be Mellencamps dad
    451b5ebb23282eb73ba199bbbeaa9161_zpsa1fd7d55.jpg

Last edited:

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Funny you mention Cowboy Bob. I used to live close to him when I was a teen. I was riding my bike on a country road in Martinsville one day and here he comes barreling down the road in his brown sports car. Cowboy Bob ran me off the road into a ditch, I kid you not.

Cowboy bob always looked like he could be Mellencamps dad

I went to HS at Whiteland with his daughter. The stories she told.......

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The public visitation Is Friday, July 5th, From 4pm to 8pm, at Singleton Mortuary On Madison Avenue.

Bob Carter's funeral will be private.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Sad news indeed. Grew up on the southeast side- Mr Carter would substitute teach occasionally at my grade school. When he did it was "Sammy Terry, Sammy Terry!" all over school. If we were lucky he would close the day by saying, "have a good e v e n i n g" in that creepy voice.

Wow, watching Nightmare Theater, eating Tu Your Door Pizza, and drinking RC Cola. Lon Chaney as "Wolfman". Channel 4 in black and white. Who can forget staying up late enough to watch a station go off the air? Remember the poem and video with the jets flying? F-4 Phantoms I believe....and then the test pattern?

Off topic but...."4 channels kids..4,6,8, and 13. And 4 was usually crappy!

Good times! Thanks for the memories, Mr Carter

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    RIP Sammy you will be missed. I spent many a Friday evening watching and yes I remember when we only had the 4 channels. Channel 4 was always a weak signal.

Top Bottom