• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Colts played well today, but alas, the win was really meaningless other than for pride. Needed that effort vs. Houston both times they played them this year.

Exactly. It's amazing how well the Colts can play in essentially meaningless games, after they've already screwed the pooch in the meaningful games.

Signs of great coaching, that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Exactly. It's amazing how well the Colts can play in essentially meaningless games, after they've already screwed the pooch in the meaningful games.

Signs of great coaching, that.

They should have never have fired that guy who's doing wonders in Detroit. Our front office sucks. It goes beyond the coach in this case.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yes, the Colts can play some great ball at times.
    No excuses for what I'll assume is questionable coaching decisions but this team is a patchwork in progress on a daily basis. Depth is unknown names and seemingly unfamiliar with the schemes.
    Defense is slow except in the secondary and some of the youth is showing promise.
    Luck needs to have time to let the receivers get open. When that happens it's a dangerous offense. When he's pressured he's awful. Give him credit for the size of his balls. He stays in until the last second and longer unfortunately.
    I don't see this team in the playoffs but stranger things have happened.
    I'm a fan. I'm also an all knowing critic.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I will say that the unblinking mannequin knows as Jim Caldwell got an unfair shake. He did take a team to the Super Bowl. However, that was also Peyton's team, not Jim's. The next year, well, no Manning, no Colts.

He is doing wonders in Detroit, but that division is also like the AFC South. No one really wants to win it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    Colts played well today, but alas, the win was really meaningless other than for pride. Needed that effort vs. Houston both times they played them this year.

we still have a chance. although very slim

• Colts win out @Oakland (11-3) and against Jacksonville (2-12)
    • Texans lose out against Cincinnati (5-8-1) and @Tennessee (8-6)
    • Titans lose next week @Jacksonville (2-12) and then beat Houston (8-6) in Week 17

and thats it, thats all that has to happen:ugh:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're kidding, right? JC isn't the worse coach in the world but certainly not better than CP. Unfortunately both are in the same candy dish.

You're kidding right? The Colts were built completely around Peyton Manning. How do you blame Caldwell when the guy your team is built around can't play? Or meddling from the front office?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You're kidding right? The Colts were built completely around Peyton Manning. How do you blame Caldwell when the guy your team is built around can't play? Or meddling from the front office?

Did you even watch those games?
    His play calling and decisions were along the lines of Pagano's masterminding.
    Not a fan of either. How about a skill set of Infante, Mora, etc?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Even with the offensive line not protecting him this season, Luck's quarterback ranking is 6th. He's like the 3rd most sacked quarterback in the NFL this season. I am amazed that he is still physically able to play.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Even with the offensive line not protecting him this season, Luck's quarterback ranking is 6th. He's like the 3rd most sacked quarterback in the NFL this season. I am amazed that he is still physically able to play.

My bet is he'll be retired before he's 35 though. Look at Manning and Brady and they were playing some of their best football in their mid to late 30's. Manning had the neck deal in there, but still recovered to play very well. I think luck will have a nagging injury of some sort (knee, shoulder, back) resulting from all the hits he's taking that will cut his career short.

Top Bottom