• ...and so much more!
  • JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    Looking for options to suppress a couple of my 12ga shotguns. There are two cans that seem to be the only options right now - the Salvo and the SGX, unless I missed one. I found a few posts on here about the cans but nothing with comparisons or in depth reviews. Article reviews online aren't too useful.

These will be for hunting (turkey, maybe deer), range toys and home defense. For background I own several suppressors for rifles and pistols, but nothing for shotguns yet.

Those of you who own one of the two or both, I am looking for honest feedback. What do you have it mounted on and what are your pros/cons?
    It will likely live on my Origin 12 most of the time but I may also try it on my Mossberg 930s and Shockwave.
    20220806_172216.jpg

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    There is a JK 195 Versax and SGX 12. The SGX is longer and has more baffles. Silencerco's Salvo is a better suppressor than the JK cans being the original (and a Silencerco product), but the SGX isn't a bad suppressor.

Last edited:

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    There is a JK 195 Versax and SGX 12. The SGX is longer and has more baffles. Silencerco's Salvo is a better suppressor than the JK cans by far.
    Right, I didn't even really consider the versax because of its lower baffle count. Is the Salvo compatible with slugs?

Also I hear you are an enabler in these parts with NFA items, lol. I need to file for an SBS and SBR soon here.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Right, I didn't even really consider the versax because of its lower baffle count. Is the Salvo compatible with slugs?

Also I hear you are an enabler in these parts with NFA items, lol. I need to file for an SBS and SBR soon here.
    Yes, the Salvo is good with slugs too.

And I’ve been called worse, “enabler” is kind. :-). Holler if you need help with either set of forms. Hunting season is fast approaching.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Let me mention something - the SGX isn't a bad suppressor, but the Salvo's were the OG and priced accordingly. The nice thing about the SGX is the "on the fly" length adjustment which the Salvo's don't have. Also, additional baffles for the Salvos are much more expensive, and the SGX comes with fourteen compared to the Salvo's five.

You can use slugs in both suppressors. I have an SGX coming for myself personally so I'm curious to shoot it.

Last edited:

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    Let me mention something - the SGX isn't a bad suppressor, but the Salvo's were the OG and priced accordingly. The nice thing about the SGX is the "on the fly" length adjustment which the Salvo's don't have. Also, additional baffles for the Salvos are much more expensive, and the SGX comes with fourteen compared to the Salvo's five.

You can use slugs in both suppressors. I have an SGX coming for myself personally so I'm curious to shoot it.
    Understood, yes I am heavily leaning toward the Salvo as all I really care about is having as much suppression as I can get. Not too concerned about the weight since I am not going to be traveling further than a 30min walk with it to a blind or the other side of my property. 2lbs is just hilarious though.

Some feedback on that SGX would be appreciated if you get some rounds through it!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    This is something I’ve been considering for a while. I was dead set on a Salvo, and a buddy in the know is a hardcore fan of the JK.

Aesthetically, I like the JK better with the exception of stuff that was designed around the Salvo, like the Fostech.

My primary application would be for my beloved Tavor 12. I’ve got a pair of 870 Police models that would really benefit from it. I haven’t looked into putting one on my VEPR 12, and I’m betting it’s no bueno because Russia is weird.

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    This is something I’ve been considering for a while. I was dead set on a Salvo, and a buddy in the know is a hardcore fan of the JK.

Aesthetically, I like the JK better with the exception of stuff that was designed around the Salvo, like the Fostech.

My primary application would be for my beloved Tavor 12. I’ve got a pair of 870 Police models that would really benefit from it. I haven’t looked into putting one on my VEPR 12, and I’m betting it’s no bueno because Russia is weird.
    Looks like it is possible with the VEPR, TFB did it - TFB TV VEPR 12 Suppressed I assume it has Saiga threads? Silencer Co makes an adapter. Would be a great host for a suppressor IMO!

Top Bottom